• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 Gears of War 3

Iris

rainbow 11!
sweet! i got a message from duke about this. and a list of the maps that the game is going to have. I won't lie, i was irritated when I saw day one and jacinto on the list.

Impact

V.I.P.
Ugh. I don't care for Day One. Did Security and Blood Drive make it through? I should probably check and see if Duke sent me the same message.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Blood Drive made it, but not Security. Hopefully he is WRONG and they do bring Security.

Impact

V.I.P.
Security needs to be there. It's the best map. I'm glad they're bringing clocktower back from Gears of War 1.

Okay, i'll just post the full list of maps from the message I got sent over xbl:

Initial multiplayer maps: Aftermath Artillery Azura Blood Drive (g2) Dry Dock Clocktower (g1) Cove DayOne (g2) Old Town Gridlock (g1-2) Checkout Hotel Jacinto (g2) Mercy Overpass River RustLung Sandbar Thrashball Trenches

Iris

rainbow 11!
I only know the ones from G2. I never played the first one despite buying it.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
September 20th is a bit late, but I guess the move, which was for marketing reasons, makes the most sense. If I were Epic I would rather have it come up in September than April as originally planned.

I have always been apprehensive about the Gears saga, but I may get this title if they clean up a few things I didn't like.

Impact

V.I.P.
I think having the extra months to work on ironing out any glitches is a good idea. They said they could have had it ready for a spring release, but this way they have more time to make it perfect. Although, now if there are any really bad glitches with it, i'm gonna be pissed.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Yah, I heard that they are pushing it up to september so that it falls closer to the christmas line, when parents are spending more money on kids and what not. Smart move, a game like gow3 is definitely going to sell good. Apparently the game that just came out, Bulletstorm, allows you to play the beta? Damn, epicmegagames is gonna make a ton of money on sales, since people are mostly gonna buy their game for the gow3 beta =P

Impact

V.I.P.
Yeah, that's true Danny. But I played a demo of Bulletstorm and I loved it. Even though people are undoubtedly going to buy it for the GoW3 beta, there are gonna be a big number who get it for it just being awesome.