• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gay Softball League's limit on Straight players OK

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
If it was an all-straight or all-white league, etc. I'd be pissed. I know it's a double standard, but when it's a minority that's obviously discriminated against in society this feels like it's acceptable to me, at least at this point in history.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I just have such a hard time understanding what the fuss is about a sexual act. The whole "You <do/don't do> this sexual act so you <can/can't be> in our club just doesn't compute with me.:confused:

Do or don't do whatever you want with whoever or whatever you want, its not my life and I just don't care.

Dekzper

Registered Member
I think the NAGAAA is hurting itself with issues like this. Yeah, it gives gays a chance to do sports without discrimination but this issue can def alienate them even more.
If I was making the rules, I'd say let bisexuals and gay-friendly peeps play too. It would create enough players for even more teams and expand gay acceptance.

BrinkOfExistence

Registered Member
Well to be fair it is called the Gay Softball World Series also they allow straight people to play but it's limited to 2 and i'm sure there's enough teams that straight people can play for, i do however think it's unfair that bisexuals arn't considered gay coz they are still technically gay. I think minorities should be allowed their own groups where they can spend time with people like themselves as alot of these people are not accepted in society. If a gay guy was in a team of straight guys you know how much he would get bullied if they knew he was gay but if he was in a team full of gay people he would feel comfortable and safe, don't blame the the softball league blame people who discriminate against minorities, if it weren't for them we wouldn't have situations like this.

Dekzper

Registered Member
If a gay guy was in a team of straight guys you know how much he would get bullied if they knew he was gay...
Yeah, I do know. I'm bi with a gay preference and that's why I won't play on a school team. And I def agree that straights already have plenty of options for sports. But I just think this issue supports a negative image since bisexuals really need an outlet for sports too. Where I live, bi is def considered gay in any sport.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I think the NAGAAA is hurting itself with issues like this. Yeah, it gives gays a chance to do sports without discrimination but this issue can def alienate them even more.
If I was making the rules, I'd say let bisexuals and gay-friendly peeps play too. It would create enough players for even more teams and expand gay acceptance.
I agree with this, I am bi and I really don't think this is doing the gay community any good but if anything making them look worse and more open for people to mock and discriminate. Also how exactly can one "not be gay enough"? I have never been sure of how gay I am.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I don't understand why we have to have a gay this or a gay that like this softball league. Why separate this and have this league to begin with? Why discriminate against someone because he isn't "gay enough"?

Secondly, as a private organization they can discriminate, just like the Boy Scouts can do, if they wish. The problem comes down to where are they playing? If they are playing in public parks used for softball then I do have more of a problem with them discriminating. If they're not, then I don't.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Are straight players considered "ringers" in "gay" softball? If you ask me this is really dumb. But as a private club they have the right to be dumb. So whatever.