Gay Marriages

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was wondering what you guys though about gay marriages? To be honest with you guys I think it's wrong, I dont think that people from the same sex should get married, anywhere especially in a catholic church. I am not that religious, and I still have strong feelings about this subject, I think it's wrong and the rule should of never happened.

I guess we'll disagree on something, well sort've. I don't think its the government's role in society to tell two people they can or can't marry eachother, however, I do think since the system is the way it is then gay marriages really shouldn't be allowed. Perhaps we could call them "Betrothements" or something like that, and give them similar, but not as much, tax cuts.

I'm not saying that gays are lesser than heterosexuals, its just there is one problem with the entire thing. If we allow gay marriages to receive the same rights as heterosexual marriages, then you could see a lot of fake same sex marriages just for the money. I mean in that case, my friend and I could go out, hold a fake marriage, and we'd be getting tax cuts for the rest of our lives.

It just opens the system up for more scams I guess.

Like I said though; I'm fine with the whole "Gay" rights approach, in all other categories. I mean they ARE human, and they haven't really done anything to directly harm anyone, (going with the majority here) so its really not a crime in my opinion. I guess in some ways its the black rights movement.

For a while people were taught that blacks were "Bad," and thats kind've the same way with gays, a lot of people have been taught that gays are "EVIL" people that are going to Hell.

Its kind've sad.

Marridge is a religious experience, that's something a lot of people forget. How can you permit homosexual marridge if it's against religion? It's not a matter of people having something against homosexuals. Asking a priest to wed two folks of the same sex would be asking him to commit sin. It just can't be done. I personally don't have a problem with the act, but I can understand why people are against it.\\edit

I think an alternative would be to remove gay marridge from state law and leave it up to preist/rev..The state shouldn't have n e thing to do with it. As stated later in the thread, marridge only deals with people involved. It has nothing to do with the rest of us.

Sephy

Forum Drifter
I think if two people love each other, they should have a right to be married. It has nothing to do with me, it's just them. People are always like "Oh no! That's going against God." Whatever. There are far worse problems right now than two gay people wanting to be together. I believe they have a right to be with each other if it's what they want and they are in love.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
God I've had this debate with tones of people...

A lot of religious people like catholics and Christians (and some none religious) say God made Adam and Eve because man and woman were meant to be together and...well multiply! But God also made these '10 commandments and you cannot tell me you don't know someone who HASN'T broken one or more. If it's God's will for us to follow these commandments and we break them, then why be bothered about something as small as gay marrage?

I say go forth and be gay as a married couple!

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
One thing that bothers me the most about gay marriage is the fact that it's so blown out of proportion and people place it on this massive media pedestal. However, marriage is a religious experience as it was said before and thus should not be pressed as marriage. If certain religious folks are going to disassociate themselves from gays, then so be it.

I have two friends who came out of the closet in high school and I support them for their strength and courage. I do not have a problem with it, but the oddity of it remains (most likely because I'm a straight male, thus not being able to fully comprehend the other side).

There are much more pressing matters that need attention rather than gay marriage. All this Yellow Journalism needs to stop, it's getting really annoying.

Vegito728

Registered Member
I'm fine with it. I know some gay people. As long as they don't bug me I'm fine with it. They just like different people then we do there is nothing wrong with that. I know alot of people say it's in the bible Man and women. But you can't honestly tell he would tell them no they can't be married just cause they are gay.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Personally I do not think there should be gay marriages, but I also do not think the government or myself have the right to stop them. I went to a Catholic school from kindergarten to 12th grade so I am obviously a Christian, though not Catholic. I believe homosexuality is wrong, but I do have friends who are homosexuals, I may not like their choice, but that does not make them evil, etc. If they want to express their love, despite if I like it or not, then that is their right too.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I also had one of my best friend come out of the closet, and since then I hadn't really talk to him, don't call me a mean person cause of this. It's just that he'd rather hang out with is type of crowd, and those are other homosexuals. It's is choice I support it fully. But I still don't support gay marriages.

L

lilbballfrk

i don't think its wrong if 2 men or 2 women get married. its their life and they can do whatever they want to do. i saw an episode about gay marriages on True Life and i never noticed there were so many discriminations just because 2 people want to be married. its not fair for them. how do you know that WE are the ones doing the wrong thing. just because in the bible its wrong, doesn't mean that its always right. the bible was written a long time ago and translations could be different. i think we should just leave them be and let them live their own lives.