Gay Marriage Allowed in Connecticut

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Iris, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Gay Marriages Allowed in Connecticut

I am so happy about this! losing California really hit hard, but we may have taken a step back with Cali, but this is a baby step forward.

:nod:
    Do we have anyone living in Conn? What do you think about this?

Bananas likes this.

2. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Marriage maybe legal in the state now, but you don't have to live there just because it's the only place at the moment that will allow gay marriage.

~Shwa

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

So if you live in Connecticut, got married, and moved elsewhere where gay marriages aren't allowed....do you file yourself as Single in the administrative documents?

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Equality comes up victorious again....

5. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I never said you had to live there just because it's the only place that will allow gay marriage at the moment.

And isn't it legal in Mass as well?

6. Steerpike

Steerpike Registered Member

There is one other ethically enlightened, on this point of civil rights, state in the United States - Massachusetts.

Some countries in the European Union have recognized that right legally longer than any governmental entity in the United States has.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It still blows me away that this is even an issue. Gays should be allowed the same rights as heterosexuals when it comes to being married, end of story, there is NO good argument against it that isn't religious.

8. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

First off I am NOT gay and I believe if ANY 2 people are in love and want to get married then so be it.

IMHO People should mind their own business, this is America right ??
    Land of the free or free to do what we are told ??

People need to find better things to worry about like Pollution, Drugs, High cost of living and such as that, gay marriage is mild and trivial compared to what I listed.