• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gay ELephant in the Room...

Shwa

V.I.P.
During the course of a decade if not more, we've seen the rise of open acceptance for the homosexual/LGBT-XYZ community that has ever been shown before prior to the 90's time (just a guesstimate). People of the homosexual community now can legally marry in all 50 states in the U.S, can openly serve int he military with no repercussions of a dishonorable discharge, and gay culture has practically blossomed with famous athletes and entertainers coming out safely and without prejudice.

That's fine and dandy, but let's discuss what else has been happening from said accomplishments.

There has been a wild fire rise of these individuals who are expressing themselves openly, however, turning phrases and words into their own meaning to identify as this or that. I won't call them millennial's or special snow flakes, but I will address them as bottom feeders. It seems they are trying to hide under the guise of the transgender community to be, well frankly, whatever they choose to be any day of the given week or how their emotional state dictates for them. Wishing to be addressed by pronouns, this or that gender and never assume what they appear on the outside, but should psychically know how to walk around eggshells to interact with them on a "safe and equal" playing field. I call bullshit on the highest level.

Let me be clear, I am in no way saying that all these individuals are bad as people for feeling a need to be themselves; but, what I've learned from the few transgendered friends that I have is that they don't go around trying to force acceptance from others like these bottom feeders seem to be doing. If they're not addressed as they wish to be or taken seriously, you're already labeled as sexist, ignorant, homophobic, blah blah blah. I feel these individuals are actually hurting the LGBT community more than doing any good. I honestly feel after the court ruling of Gay Marriage, it's been a type of Pandora's Box situation. We get the good and the bad. Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of bad is happening (in my opinion).

It could be my own numbness or just not having all the information, but from what I'm able to see and understand, it's bullshit.

Those are my thoughts on the matter, what are yours if you have any?

~Shwa

Last edited:

danwiz

Registered Member
I too am gay and am married to my life partner. I, personally, do not understand exactly what you are trying to say here, what your gripe actually is. Can you rephrase it all, preferably, in 25 words or less?

Impaired

Registered Member
I have no idea what point you are trying to make with that rambling post.

I suspect you are upset with people who are trying to identify themselves as something other than gay. Not sure how this affects you at all.

if you know such people and they want to be called "glorp" you can do so or not, your choice. You cannot force acceptance.

People that won't accept gay marriage, still won't, despite it being legal. People who see gayness = sin will continue to do so, regardless of any laws Congress passes.

You can't be forced to use pronouns. What's the real problem?

That gay marriage is making others yearn for acceptance?

Shwa

V.I.P.
I too am gay and am married to my life partner. I, personally, do not understand exactly what you are trying to say here, what your gripe actually is. Can you rephrase it all, preferably, in 25 words or less?
I could ask what your gripe is as well. Mine was plainly made simple. I'm gay too and married to my husband as well....so, don't see your point with your statement. If you need 25 words or less, then hop on Twitter for limited discussions on mature topics.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make with that rambling post.

I suspect you are upset with people who are trying to identify themselves as something other than gay. Not sure how this affects you at all.

if you know such people and they want to be called "glorp" you can do so or not, your choice. You cannot force acceptance.

People that won't accept gay marriage, still won't, despite it being legal. People who see gayness = sin will continue to do so, regardless of any laws Congress passes.

You can't be forced to use pronouns. What's the real problem?

That gay marriage is making others yearn for acceptance?
Apologies, I forgot to put at the end an statement for "what are your thoughts" on the topic, I'll edit it.

My concern is not for the government laws or recent events with gay issues in politics, never was that mentioned as a negative in my OP. Nor those who don't accept gay people do.

My concern and/or frustration is that people are trying to act with the good intention of being social justice warriors to push acceptance onto others. However, when you mentioned "forced acceptance" is what I was stating as well. Acceptance is earned, not given, like respect and so on and so forth. This movement seems to be forced in more ways that one. I quote myself:

If they're not addressed as they wish to be or taken seriously, you're already labeled as sexist, ignorant, homophobic, blah blah blah. I feel these individuals are actually hurting the LGBT community more than doing any good.
So pretty much walking around eggshells for these individuals so they get their way, is that not "forced acceptance"? It's almost off-putting to try and be cordial, accepting, understanding when you're met with aggression over a seemingly simple mishap or misunderstanding. Grated, I know not all of those who identify themselves as such and such are aggressive, however, the majority have shown that to be true. But with the rise of "multiple genders" and all these sexuality popping up every week, one has to consider the immaturity out of all of it.

I have no problem with people expressing themselves, everyone has their own way. But to try and make it common law and push facts away just to be a unique unicorn, that's the problem I have. Also, yes, it does seem that after Gay Marriage was legalized, all this crap started popping up like weeds. Hence my statement for saying a Pandora's Box, which I quote myself again:

I honestly feel after the court ruling of Gay Marriage, it's been a type of Pandora's Box situation. We get the good and the bad. Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of bad is happening (in my opinion)
NOTE
I didn't come here to stir some argument with other members of that gay community, I wanted to discuss and share viewpoints and hopefully learn or debate maturely on this issue.

~Shwa

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have no problem with gays, am in favor of gay marriage. However I think the transgender people or people that don't identify with either sex are going to ruin it for everyone. The sjw's are trying to force this down people's throats and its going to backfire.

The University of Tennessee has told its staff and students to stop calling each other 'he', 'she', 'him' and 'her' - and to start referring to one another with terms like 'xe', 'zir' and 'xyr' instead.
University of Tennessee tells staff and students to stop using 'he' and 'she' | Daily Mail Online

Pamphlets provided to students at Oxford University are asking attendees to be considerate of their transgender peers by calling them by the proper pronoun, ‘ze’, rather than forcing a ‘he’ or ‘she’ label on them.
Ze, He, Or She, Oxford University Wants You To Use The Correct Pronoun

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
So pretty much walking around eggshells for these individuals so they get their way, is that not "forced acceptance"? It's almost off-putting to try and be cordial, accepting, understanding when you're met with aggression over a seemingly simple mishap or misunderstanding. Grated, I know not all of those who identify themselves as such and such are aggressive, however, the majority have shown that to be true. But with the rise of "multiple genders" and all these sexuality popping up every week, one has to consider the immaturity out of all of it.

NOTE

I didn't come here to stir some argument with other members of that gay community, I wanted to discuss and share viewpoints and hopefully learn or debate maturely on this issue.

~Shwa
This.

The whole multiple genders thing is just a fad on Tumblr. Just a bunch idiotic morons looking for attention on the internet. And they do make it hard for people who really are transgender and genderfluid. Just as an example of how retarded it's gotten here's a list of all the genders Tumblr SJW believe exist:

https://ageofshitlords.com/list-of-all-tumblr-genders-so-far/

-_-

EDIT: I don't actually think anyone takes them seriously but yeah, shit like this doesn't help the cause of people who really are transgender. I could totally see some misinformed idiot look at this list and assume that people who have gender identity crisis are of the same ilk.

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I agree that the multiple gender explosion is a fad. My kids all know other kids that now want to referred to as a girl or girls that want to be referred to as a boy. Its kids that don't fit in and don't get attention elsewhere.
Some of these kids have moronic parents that are giving hormone treatments to 15 year old kids. Jeez, you're going to let a 15 year old make that decision? Why not tell him to wait 5 years to be really sure about this. If it was one kid I might see it as real but this is happening to a lot of kids right around me. And they're all obnoxious as hell. Clearly just looking for attention and taking extreme measures to do so.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I seem to recall stating similar opinions in the past regarding the whole PC issue regarding both sexual and ethnic minorities. Political Correctness is just a form of reverse bigotry. Notice how it's perfectly okay for gays to call each other fags or Blacks to call each other Nigger, yet use the word fag to refer to a cigarette or black to refer to the color of a car in front of the wrong person and context doesn't matter, you're a hater. Fortunately, folks around here are smart enough to know that won't fly so they don't bother trying to go there. But in the States and some other parts of the world, I am under the distinct impression that this kind of PC nonsense has more momentum. Regardless of where I am or who may be offended by it, I will continue speaking plain English, and the self-absorbed twits that don't like it will just have to deal. Besides, I'd revel in the opportunity to verbally run up on side of one of these idiots and down the other. PC language is an inane concept brought forth by desperate, very stupid people, and it shows.

_____
LBGTQABCDEFUCKTHISSHIT... You'z USOOGs. (Unconventional Sexual Orientation Or Gender) ... There! No more adding letters.