Gas Station Ghost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragon, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

My brother told me about this yesterday and I had to look it up and found the story on CNN. A local gas station got a visit from a ghost. At first, I thought it was a plastic bag but then it is impossible for a plastic bag to fly around in front of the camera for 30 minutes. Maybe humans aren't the only ones complaining about gas prices. :D

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Hmm, I say it's a plastic bag.. You know they do make plastic bags in that exact same color. It's just a weird coincidence that's all.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Definitely a plastic bag or something. Can't believe one woman said it was an angel. Did anyone actually see the thing, or was it only seen on the surveillance tape?

4. keithyul

keithyul Registered Member

god.. an angel?.. hahaha i think it's a plastic bag..but if it's a ghost than yah.. okay..

5. Dragon

Come to think of it, it could of been one of those window wipes that is used for the squeegee.

6. Psyco

Psyco Food Whore

Well, considering how easy movie programs are to use in this day and age.... (and that was just an blob of blue) i'm going to have to say its a hoax

7. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

I can't pull the CNN feed, but from everyone's comments, CNN did not do a good job of reporting this. This is where I originally read the story from the local television station:
    Unexplained Blue Cloud Floats, Darts Around Customers At Gas Station - Orlando News Story - WKMG Orlando

There are 15 images of the angel-ghost on that website and after seeing that and reading the piece, you will have a different opinion. Yeah, it could be a hoax, but it is definitely not a bag. I would love to see an interview of the gas station owner to get clues if this is a hoax.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  8. Dragon

I'll just take a stroll to the gas station with my video camera and get an interview with the owner of tomorrow. I just might stake out at the gas station too. Maybe the blob might be green this time.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

That site does nothing to change my mind. The guy whose car it supposedly landed on didn't even notice it as he was walking into the gas station. Has to be a small piece of plastic stuck to the camera or something. These hoaxes have been done thousands of times.

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That's a good point. Somebody could have easily done that with a video special effects program. Nowadays those things are like $50 for a halfway decent one, and you wouldn't need much to make a blurry blue blob move around on the screen...