• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gas, Electric Or Something Else?

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
When you or someone cooks is it gas, electric or something else being used to make the food?

Do you prefer a gas stove, electric range or some other kind of appliance that can make food?
Why is this?

Do you believe one is cheaper for any reason?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've always had gas stoves and that's what I prefer. I've used some electric stoves and I don't feel as though the heat control is quite as good.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Right now I am using electric but I think I would prefer gas because sometimes the electric can go off and it has been off for days. If I had gas I could at least still cook without going outside with ice on the ground, that is usually when it happens, to build a fire just so I could cook a burger.

danwiz

Registered Member
Gas right now, but I've lived in places that do not have gas, so in those places I cook on electric stoves.

brikaben

Registered Member
I have used both gas and electric stoves and ovens.

I much prefer gas stoves - I feel you have much more control over the heat.

When it comes to ovens I am ok with either gas or electric.

dDave

V.I.P.
I totally prefer electric. You may have more heat control with gas but I'm always uneasy when using gas because of the open flame. I've never once found myself wishing I had more heat control. Let's just say I'm not exactly the most picky person when cooking :lol:.

Anyway, everything else in the kitchen is electric, no reason to have a different kind of stove. Electric glass tops (like what I have) are also much easier to clean. Additionally, it's nice to be able to simply turn it on and off and be able to leave it alone with no worries of a gas leak or something.

If the power goes out then we'll cook in a wood burning stove or a portable camping stove that we keep plenty of fuel for. We also have a grill on top of that if we really had to use it in an emergency, that's outdoors though.

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
Definitely and with no doubt gas range and if I can help it that's the way it will always be.
I never even knew there was such a thing as an electric stove or saw one until I met RTB at his apt. in California.

I cooked for him and I tell you I didn't like it one bit but cooked while I was there.
I am so happy about the gas stove because the electric has been going out more often in this neighborhood in very cold weather. I am probably the only one around that uses gas and am happy that I still have a way to make the house warm.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I like gas stoves but I prefer to keep all of my appliances electric so I don't have a gas bill at all. I even try to get an electric furnace.

Elanor

Registered Member
I have a gas stove, and I am quite happy with it. I have used both gas and electric, and to be honest I don't have a preference. They both get the job done.