Garnett...

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

As you all know Garnett is a proud man, and he's been commited to the Timberwolves since he joined the league, but after another disapointing season and missing the playoffs, is it time for him to ask for a trade?

Personally I do think so, he has done all he can do to bring his team to the NBA finals and playoffs every year, and almost done so but lost the the Lakers in the Western Conference finals. I think it's time for him to move on to a better team where he has a chance to win a title. The Timberwolves organization hasnt done much to bring great players to play with him, he hasnt played with good players since Spree and Cassell, and since then they haven't made the playoffs.

Also I wouldn't be mad if he did ask for a trade, a lot of fans are angry at players for demanding trades but this guy has some valid reasons to ask a trade. Yes he did sign a long term contract, and should commit to it, but come on he's done everything he could.

Thoughts?

2. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Well if he moves to another team you would have to hope that he fits well with that team. Allen Iverson for example was brought in to Denver thinking his abilities would be enough to make a strong playoff push. Since he came though the Nuggets have been struggling not lately though. But Kevin is a different type of player, he could have the same effect Shaq had in Miami if not better it all depends on what team gets him and what they give up.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed. It'd just be weird to see players like Iverson, Kobe, KG, Duncan, etc. in a different uniform. It's almost like that player represents that team. But still, if Garnett does get traded, he'll probably have to share the spotlight along with a change in roles as well as minutes, depending on the team.

4. zunami

zunami Registered Member

You can't possibly blame him if he asks for a trade. He's been so professional and competitive during their struggles that you can't get mad at him. He's only lost his cool in the media once when he said "thank god for opt-outs" and even that was just a case of his competitiveness smothering his professionalism. McHale should just do some kind of panic reaction trade that has a chance of working out and a chance of not working out. At least give Garnett the impression that you're trying.

5. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

well my friend said Garnett is gonna sign to the lakers next season, but i really dont believe it, but if he wont ask for a trade, he will always try harder and harder to achieve his goals

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Will you stop it with everything with the Lakers honestly, the NBA doesn't revolve around them.

Couldn't agree more with you Zunami, he has been a professional all his career, and he's still being professional even though his team sucks. He's going out there playing his heart out, doing everything he can to win a game, but it's not working. McHale has done jack shit to help make this team a better one. I think he has done everything he can, but now it's time to move on. Even the great Magic Johnson said to move on.

7. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Garnett deserves to be on a great team and the Wolves were a great team not too long ago but Garnett is one of those guys who can stick around and bounce back after a bad year so I think and hope that he can next year. The Wolves need to help this guy out I mean they have made some good moves but never really followed up on them and its for this reason that they are in a tough spot with Garnett.

8. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

i didnt remember saying it did, im just sayin my friend said that, but i never did say i believed him either, the main point of that post is that garnett will work harder to achieve his goals of making theplayoffs

9. zunami

zunami Registered Member

lol I'm pretty sick of the Garnett to Lakers speculation too, but I would love to see it happen. But if the Lakers weren't willing to give up Bynum in order to get Kidd, the hopes of them willing to bend backwards for Garnett don't seem as good.

10. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

young talent > talent going downhill