Garlic

Saffy

Registered Member
Love it or hate it? I love it:Di use it quite a lot in most everything i cook,, not puddings of course:lol: but anything that garlic can possibly go in, i put it in:nod: Apparently its good for you too:)

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
I love garlic, especially for seasoning chicken and potatoes. And, actually, believe it or not, mac and cheese. I really don't like many other spices, but garlic is fantastic :D

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I love garlic. I use it in anything you can put garlic in and get away with it.

A member here, Icegoat, has a recipe for stuffed/baked garlic that he sent me via PM. I accidentally deleted it, and I've been begging for him to post it in here so I can get it again.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
My mom LOVES garlic. I mean it. LOVES it. When shes sick, she takes like 5 cloves of garlic and butter, and bakes it in the oven for 10 minutes, spreads it on bread, and she feels better for a good bit of time.

I think garlics alright myself. i love garlic bread, but thats pretty much it. my dad makes a killer shrimp scampi with it...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm a huge fan of Garlic, I put it on a lot of different things, such as:

Mushrooms
Mash Potatoes
Escargots
Braised Onions

I especially love garlic sauce in a Shawarma

Unity

Flawless Victory
Staff member
I definitely love garlic. Big fan of the stuff. I guess one thing that comes to mind is if I'm having pizza and its available, minced garlic on it is definitely a winner.

Anita: Sounds like an intriguing recipe!!! :) :) :)

Saffy

Registered Member
I love garlic, especially for seasoning chicken and potatoes. And, actually, believe it or not, mac and cheese. I really don't like many other spices, but garlic is fantastic :D
oh i like most spices:) but i put garlic in practically everything

I love garlic. I use it in anything you can put garlic in and get away with it.

A member here, Icegoat, has a recipe for stuffed/baked garlic that he sent me via PM. I accidentally deleted it, and I've been begging for him to post it in here so I can get it again.
omg stuffed baked garlic sounds lush,, hope he does post it:nod:
My mom LOVES garlic. I mean it. LOVES it. When shes sick, she takes like 5 cloves of garlic and butter, and bakes it in the oven for 10 minutes, spreads it on bread, and she feels better for a good bit of time.

I think garlics alright myself. i love garlic bread, but thats pretty much it. my dad makes a killer shrimp scampi with it...
wow,, so your mom proves garlic is good for you:D

I'm a huge fan of Garlic, I put it on a lot of different things, such as:

Mushrooms
Mash Potatoes
Escargots
Braised Onions

I especially love garlic sauce in a Shawarma

That looks nice ,, what is it:lick:

I definitely love garlic. Big fan of the stuff. I guess one thing that comes to mind is if I'm having pizza and its available, minced garlic on it is definitely a winner.

Anita: Sounds like an intriguing recipe!!! :) :) :)
sounds nice,, very rare i have pizza;)

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Sorry, lifes been hectic and I forgot to repost it. Here ye go!

Baked Garlic

What you need:

-Olive Oil
-Full Cloves of Garlic
-Baking Sheet
-Foil

Preparation:

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
-Cover Baking Sheet with Crumpled tin foil.
Note* what I do for a good crumple is pin the cut peice of foil to my chest with my chin. Then run my hands down it along my body line. This adds wrinkles and imperfections to the foil which is supposed to lead to a better all around baking experience
-Cut the top 1/4 off of the whole clove/s. This should expose the garlic pods. Dont worry about the papery exterior of the garlic, leave it be. Place on the tin foil covered baking sheet bottom down and Cut (exposed) side facing up.

-Liberally pour olive oil over the top of the Clove, ensuring that the exposed pods get a nice coat of the oil on them and the Husk/Exterior is saturated enough to leave a puddle of oil on the sheet.
Note* I would estimate this is about 1/4 cup of Olive oil per Clove. However I never actually measure, I just pour until I feel its covered. Dont be afraid to use to much.
Finishing

-Place the baking sheet with the now Oiled garlic clove in the oven.
-When the Husk / Exterior starts to turn a hardened golden brown, it should be ready
Note* Normally its somewhere around 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the clove. What I do is just constantly check it whenever you feel like. Its quite a rewarding experience to get a nose full of the baking garlic.
-The consistency of the garlic should be analogous with a baked bean. Soft to the bite, but not just a pile of goo. If its still crunchy... chances are you didn't cook it long enough. If its liquefied to much, chances are you cooked it a bit to long.

-To eat all you have to do is use a knife or a fork (I actually use a Crab Fork) to poke & pull the garlic pods out of their clove housing. You can eat it whole, dont be afraid it wont burn your mouth with to much garlic ;)
Note* I'm against using excess spices. My cooking motto is "keep it simple, stupid". However some of the people I've made this for enjoy adding a dash of salt to taste. Or Granulated Parmesan. One of the #1 requested "you know what would be good with this!" items is sauteed mushrooms.

Yeah love it :nod: My mum usually won't go near garlic in her cooking but my dad puts it in just about everything. At home it's always used in paste form, but when I'm feeling brave enough to cook properly myself then I always chop cloves.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Sorry, lifes been hectic and I forgot to repost it. Here ye go!

Baked Garlic

What you need:

-Olive Oil
-Full Cloves of Garlic
-Baking Sheet
-Foil

Preparation:

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
-Cover Baking Sheet with Crumpled tin foil.
Note* what I do for a good crumple is pin the cut peice of foil to my chest with my chin. Then run my hands down it along my body line. This adds wrinkles and imperfections to the foil which is supposed to lead to a better all around baking experience
-Cut the top 1/4 off of the whole clove/s. This should expose the garlic pods. Dont worry about the papery exterior of the garlic, leave it be. Place on the tin foil covered baking sheet bottom down and Cut (exposed) side facing up.

-Liberally pour olive oil over the top of the Clove, ensuring that the exposed pods get a nice coat of the oil on them and the Husk/Exterior is saturated enough to leave a puddle of oil on the sheet.
Note* I would estimate this is about 1/4 cup of Olive oil per Clove. However I never actually measure, I just pour until I feel its covered. Dont be afraid to use to much.
Finishing

-Place the baking sheet with the now Oiled garlic clove in the oven.
-When the Husk / Exterior starts to turn a hardened golden brown, it should be ready
Note* Normally its somewhere around 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the clove. What I do is just constantly check it whenever you feel like. Its quite a rewarding experience to get a nose full of the baking garlic.
-The consistency of the garlic should be analogous with a baked bean. Soft to the bite, but not just a pile of goo. If its still crunchy... chances are you didn't cook it long enough. If its liquefied to much, chances are you cooked it a bit to long.

-To eat all you have to do is use a knife or a fork (I actually use a Crab Fork) to poke & pull the garlic pods out of their clove housing. You can eat it whole, dont be afraid it wont burn your mouth with to much garlic ;)
Note* I'm against using excess spices. My cooking motto is "keep it simple, stupid". However some of the people I've made this for enjoy adding a dash of salt to taste. Or Granulated Parmesan. One of the #1 requested "you know what would be good with this!" items is sauteed mushrooms.
Thanks!!

Also, what is the purpose of the tin foil? Do you cover the cloves with it, or just set them on top of it? In other words, are the cloves exposed, or covered with the foil? I'm a little confused.

Last edited by a moderator: