• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gardening and COVID-19

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is anybody else here looking at doing some gardening with all the COVID-19 stuff going around. We’re looking into it. It never hurts to have a little extra food available.

We’ve even looked at simple greenhouse coverings like this:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don’t have a backyard, so I cannot have a garden, per se; however, we have a tomato plant on my balcony and we are trying to grow some cucumbers, chives, mint, rosemary and parsley.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Its a good idea. I'm not. However, the chicken plant near me sold chicken from .25c to $1 a pound because the restaurant demand dropped off,and I bought 200lbs. So if things go south I have chicken, rice and beans for probably a year.

Impaired

Registered Member
There are so few things we can grow without 24/7 militia on guard to take out the deer, rabbits, groundhogs and everything else that eats veggies.

I'd have to put up chicken wire fencing 11 feet tall and I prefer looking at the trees and the creek.