Garage/Yard Sales?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you go to garage sales? I do if I see one. It's a good way to get random items for a good deal. I can't remember anything great that I bought at a garage sale but I've picked up some cool things through the years.

What bugs me is when people are asking for way too much for something and they won't budge on the price.

I think garage sale popularity has gone down lately due to websites like eBay.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I hate garage sales. I would always get pissed when the neighbor was having one and people would park in the alley and block my way out. I get bored easily and hate shopping as well, so I always hated it when a friend wanted to go to a garage sale and wanted me to come with.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Garage/yard sales are very rare where I come from. I guess the closest thing you would get to that here is a car boot sale. Where people sell their stuff out of the boot of their car (as the name states) with stalls and stuff aswell.....

I've been to a few before, and you can usually pick up something for a good price, and something interesting. I usually get bored of them really quickly though, so I don't stay long. If I see one then I don't always go to it.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
They still have similar sales here. I remember it's mostly the schools now organising it and I just donate our stuff to the school and let them sell it. I used to go to sales when I was looking for specific books before (they often end up in garage sales). Now we don't have it as much, not only because of ebay but also because of freecycle website (where you have freecycle communities you can swap or give away your items for free). I gave out my books and other baby stuff that way. Someone from freecycle paris just picked it up.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
They have them here about once a month, well in my area. They have all these junk shit in front of them, but I can't complain, I got HEAPS of CDs for 5 or so dollars back in those days.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Do you go to garage sales? I do if I see one. It's a good way to get random items for a good deal. I can't remember anything great that I bought at a garage sale but I've picked up some cool things through the years.

What bugs me is when people are asking for way too much for something and they won't budge on the price.

I think garage sale popularity has gone down lately due to websites like eBay.
Saturday is a yard sale holiday around here. I don't know where you are, but any Saturday morning in the summer I can go to any street in town (or out of town) and find 10 yard sales.

I have found some pretty neat stuff before. Toaster ovens, paintball guns, militaria stuff, gun stuff, books, electronics, CB radios, scanners, and various other crap that I probably didn't need, but thought was neat.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I was younger I had to go to the Flea Market with my parents on Saturdays, not on every Saturdays but to a lot them. I couldn't stand it, it was so annoying, the thing that made me mad the most is that they hardly bought anything so it was a waste of time to go there in the first place. I dont stop at garage sales or yard sales this time and age.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I stop at garage sales occasionally just because I know that there are a few things that I am always looking for.

For example I got 2 N64s with 3 controllers, several games (including Goldeneye, and Ocarina Of Time), all for $15, every single thing that I bought was in brand new condition, I wouldn't be surprised if they used the N64s one and decided they didn't like them, that's how new they were. Everything except for The copy of Goldeneye was in perfect condition.

So that's why I stop at garage sales sometimes, I know that there are some idiots that don't understand how much something is worth and I rip them off by buying it at their stupid low price.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I love to go look through other peoples junk, you never know what you will find. i go mainly looking for old toys and comics.
We will drive around on nice days looking for them.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Garage/yard sales are very rare where I come from. I guess the closest thing you would get to that here is a car boot sale. Where people sell their stuff out of the boot of their car (as the name states) with stalls and stuff aswell......
Same here. I've been to a few car boot sales in the past but that was when I was a young teenager. I used to be amazed at all the videos/music tapes you could buy for £1 and less. Some people were selling Disney videos for as cheap as 50p!
I never thought the £3 pocket money I got each week could go so far. :lol: