• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gaming rules

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you have your own gaming rules?

For example, in a stealth type of game, you'll never kill anyone that doesn't deserve it?!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Only for sports games. I try not to abuse flaws in the AI. For example, in a football game, finding a play that can't be stopped and using it repeatedly. Just feels incredibly cheap to me.

I guess for some other types of games I might try to make it harder by skipping certain powerups, such as beating a Zelda game with the minimum number of hearts required and stuff like that.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I can't say I have any self-imposed rules.

In PVP games, I hate being "kill on sight". I try to help players but in some games, it's just not workable.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'd say in RPGs or action/adventure games that have side quests, I try to do all of the side quests before the next step in the main quest. I think that's about it for me really.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm not 100% strict with it, but I try my best to play horror games after dark and with the lights off. EVERYONE should try for that. Haha.

I also follow the same rule as Major... I try not to go crazy in sports games. I want it as close to a sim as possible.