• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gaming mouse

Reverend

Registered Member
I keep seeing ads for "gaming mice", they're generally high resolution mice with extra buttons.

I go through phases of playing FPS games, where the input is critical. You need to be able to whip your weapon around and squeeze off an accurate shot without thinking about it.

But I have never bought a gaming mouse, nor ever felt the need for it. (My mouse is high resolution, though, with two optical sensors instead of 1).

Anybody game a lot with a gaming mouse? Any reason to plop down the extra cash for a special mouse?

Pete

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I might be getting a new mouse soon due to the higher resolution I am using. Might make things a bit more accurate but I think gaming mice are ripoffs. Any nice mouse will work for gaming.