Gaming is good for kids!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bananas, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

It makes a refreshing change from the usual "Savage killer played GTA" story.

UK parents think gaming is good | News | TechRadar UK

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

My son is playing a lot with his dad. He and I play some games together too (we compete or plan together how to beat the game). So I guess in that way it does bring the family closer together. :hah:

3. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

It is good for kids, especially if you have older ones playing Tomb Raider 'cause with that game you're constantly thinking and planning ahead.

4. Midget

Midget Registered Member

[​IMG]

Nuff said! lol.

We try to play together, but I usually don't play unless it is my night off and everyone is asleep. She used to play Halo 2 with me. We had a game called "Don't kill pink". My Daughter was the pink Elite. And everyone turned their handicaps WAYYYYYYYY up. Except her. So it was like SWAT for her and normal for everyone else. But if we went against her, it would take one of us forever to kill her. It was hilarious.

5. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Gaming for kids is a great thing as long as the parents monitor the games their kids are playing. It improves the hand to eye coordination and reflexes and it is also a great way for the family to spend time with each other. If you have teens it is one of the best way to spend time with them while they are in the "Too cool to hang out with mom and dad" phase.

Me and my oldest play games all the time.