Gaming Disappointment of the Year?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Merc, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

What do you believe is the most disappointing title of the year?

I thought the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remake was pretty pathetic because I had high hopes and it just sucked.

You?

2. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

Killzone 2 for me.

The game is beautiful, but the main campaign is half of what killzone 1 was in quality, and the multiplayer is a lot of fun too... with some issues i wouldn't call serious but that overall starts being less appealing.

3. Merc

Really?

Almost everyone I know with a PS3 is pushing me to buy that game and I've almost given in a few times, especially after playing the demo which was beautiful.

4. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

The game is beautiful, and that's it. Most of your fun with KZ2 will be because of visual impressions such as graphics and weapons and scenarios. But every time one of those characters speak it makes me cringe with blatant stereotypes represented by the characters ^^

Kilzone 2 is on the rise in popularity specially because Modern warfare 2 is the most hated game now and every one seems to talk trash of it even though they buy the game lol, so Killzone 2 is like the Rebound hero of FPS, even though the multiplayer has a lot of problems and not in the same scope as Mw2 in terms of customization and weapons.

The game is cheaper now, its definitely worth a purchase and you might even like it, i was mostly disappointed with the main campaign compared to Killzone 1, thats all.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm trying to think....

I didn't buy that many games this year and the ones I did buy were all pretty good at minimum. If I were to say there was one stand out disappointment out of all the games I bought and played this year; it was Modern Warfare 2.

In all honesty I was really expecting something more epic out of the Single Player Campaign. Coming out of the World at War I had high hopes for a nice long campaign to play before I hopped into the Multi-Player realm. Unfortunately MW2 didn't deliver, I'm not saying it was bad.... I'm just saying it was a real disappointment. Out of all the Campaigns I played this year, I'm fairly confident MW2 will be the first one I forget about. Hell I hardly remember it already, you start as an American in boot camp, get sent to CIA, get shot in the head by a Russian, then the next thing I remember I'm throwing a knife at the guy with the revolver.

6. ClicheGuevara

ClicheGuevara New Member

Agreed, I was seriously disappointed with the campaign. Visually the game was stunning, but I found myself trudging through the campaign wishing the game would end. I also think that I used the same gun the entire campaign.

Though, I'd have to say my biggest gaming disappointment was that BioShock2 was delayed until 2010!

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

After playing and beating Uncharted 2 and Batman: Arkham Asylum - every other game I played this year disappointed me. Haha.

Standout disappointments would be NHL 10 and Godfather II. I had very little fun playing the NHL game and Godfather II was pretty piss poor. Only thing I liked was creating your own family, but the graphics and driving gameplay were awful. Ha.

8. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

For me, I've got to say Modern Warfare 2. I'm not actually disappointed with it, as such. I was just expecting something amazing, a real 'Jesus walks!' of a game after all the insane hype it got. I know people who practically counted the seconds till it came out. It's a good game for multiplayer, sure, but not worthy of all the "OMG WHEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!111 *piss-in-your-pants*" that surrounded it, no way. Given the choice, I'd rather play Nazi Zombies on CoD5 any day of the week. I simply wasn't impressed because it didn't meet the standards it claimed to.

9. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Halo Wars. I expected it to be decent, not terrible.

10. Merc

It was hyped for the multiplayer aspect really. Halo 3 suffered the same problem, I was expecting an amazing title and it was just sub-par. I had never played a Call of Duty, well not since 2 so I had no expectations so I'm able to enjoy MW2 much more than others like you who were disappointed.