• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gaming Annoyances

Poetosis

Registered Member
Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but one annoyance that I have with video games are invisible walls.

I've been a gamer for a while now and understand subconsciously that they have to be there in some games...but I still find them horrific (especially when you crash into them on accident, and in the middle of a fight sequence).

This also relates to game developers' methods of explaining their appearance (eg. "you can't go that way, as it's full of toxic waste").

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but one annoyance that I have with video games are invisible walls.
I hate invisible walls too. In Metroid Prime, one of the most fun things to do was go places and get things you're not supposed to be able to do before collecting a certain item, and there were a ton of shortcuts and sequence breaks that people found. So then in Metroid Prime 2 they put in some invisible walls to prevent shortcuts. It was really disappointing.

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
I don't know if this was already mentioned but another annoyance of mine is games with bad voice acting. Seriously it's so bad in some games that it actually encourages me to turn off my game before I even get to actually see some combat or action. All just because you had to hire someone from 4kids.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I don't see the major problem with bad voice acting. Sure, it's a little annoying. But then I remember this video...
YouTube - REAL bad voice acting
...and I know that it could always be worse.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I don't know if this was already mentioned but another annoyance of mine is games with bad voice acting. Seriously it's so bad in some games that it actually encourages me to turn off my game before I even get to actually see some combat or action. All just because you had to hire someone from 4kids.
Oh snap, I totally agree with you on that. I have been playing Enchanted Arms and that is the only good game that I have played that has horrible voice acting. The cool thing is that you can turn the voices off and put subtitles on.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Oh dear god, now I'm watching the video again and I really wish I was listening to House of the Dead dialogue instead!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I hate it when I accidently get my character stuck in something! This always seems to happen no matter what I am playing. I will somehow get my character stuck in a rock or a wall or some part of the game that is not designed to be walked in. Then all I can do is turn in circles until I turn off the game and start again.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Major annoyance came to me this weekend.

Im playing Assassins Creed: Brotherhood... doing the Virtual Training, for those that havent played its like a Challenge mode, like an Arcade kinda thing.

I'd enter a particular challenge, for instance "Small Kill Streak". The object of the game is to kill as many Enemies as possible within a time slot. The final score is "Longest Kill Streak x Enemies Killed".

What annoyed me the most was, I'd enter a challenge mode and the first time I play it I'd set my personal record. So I'd nail a Gold Medal on the first try.... but then couldnt touch my own record afterwards. I was so pissed and frustrated because I wanted to boost them as high as possible but it seems like once I know how long I have to do it... I fail hard :hah: