• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gaming Annoyances

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Oh yeah, stupid AI. I recently played Army of 2 (the first one) with the AI for the achievement, and that AI dude was so stupid.

The AI in Gears of War 2 are also f'ed up. Especially in multiplayer. If you happen to have one on your team, he does crappy...but if you're playing against him he fucks your day up.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
One of my biggest annoyances in games is how long it takes to come back after dying. If you die, it's gotta go out of the game, and back to the load menu and then back in again. It really annoys me. I like how Halo does it with the respawning. Then I don't have to worry about dying all the time. I can play the game, and if I DO die, I pop back in again and keep going from the last checkpoint.

Impact

V.I.P.
One of my biggest annoyances in games is how long it takes to come back after dying. If you die, it's gotta go out of the game, and back to the load menu and then back in again. It really annoys me. I like how Halo does it with the respawning. Then I don't have to worry about dying all the time. I can play the game, and if I DO die, I pop back in again and keep going from the last checkpoint.
Yeah...don't most games do that? Or maybe I just don't understand what you're saying.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Well no, in games like halo, or borderlands even, after you die, you get back into the game fast. But in other games, it takes you back to a menu, where you have to load your saved game and what not, and it takes like 5 minutes to get back to playing after you die. Those types of games, if i die, I quit for awhile haha.

Impact

V.I.P.
Well no, in games like halo, or borderlands even, after you die, you get back into the game fast. But in other games, it takes you back to a menu, where you have to load your saved game and what not, and it takes like 5 minutes to get back to playing after you die. Those types of games, if i die, I quit for awhile haha.
Okay, just going through the games I that I can see from where i'm sitting...Red Dead, Medal of Honor, Gears of War, Enslaved, Bioshock...just spawn you back at your last checkpoint. I honestly can't think of a game that i've played where you get put back to the menu. What games are you playing?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Large battles in Fallout: New Vegas.

Because, apparently, my PC can't handle them, so most of the interior battles during the Second Battle of Hoover Dam slows the game down to the point where I say "Fuck it" and let Boone, ED-E and the other NPCs take care of it, because I can't hit for shit during these times.

BigBob

Registered Member
I've gotta agree with the A.I. in EA Sports games.

Whenever it comes to football games, whatever play you pick, the defense knows what it is before you do and run to where you're going to throw it before your wide receiver even makes his cuts.

In Hockey games, if you're winning.. the A.I. will score on every shot until they tie the game or are beating you.. or so it seems.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Okay, just going through the games I that I can see from where i'm sitting...Red Dead, Medal of Honor, Gears of War, Enslaved, Bioshock...just spawn you back at your last checkpoint. I honestly can't think of a game that i've played where you get put back to the menu. What games are you playing?
Lol, yah, most new games now adays are like that. I guess i'm more talking about games i used to play back on my regular xbox or on PC.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
The XBox 360 software-based backwards compatibility. Thanks to it, I need to drag my old XBox out whenever I feel like playing Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders. Or anything else that isn't playable on the 360, like Yager.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I know it's not the norm for most people, but I hate excessive hand-holding in RPG's and puzzle games. It's like the game says "I think you're so stupid that you can't figure out what to do on your own, so I'm not even going to give you a chance! :D" Now, I do understand why, because if you don't hold people's hand through the entire process, the game gets terrible reviews (I guess because people actually are so stupid they can't figure it out on their own?).

But for seriously, I think it really takes away the immersion from an RPG when you're getting a quest from someone and they say something like "Oh hero! I need something to cook with these vegetables with!" and not only do the words pop up in the middle of the screen that say, "FIND A BOTTLE OF RED WINE!" but a gigantic, flashing neon arrow pops up, literally screaming "THE BOTTLE OF RED WINE IS RIGHT HERE! OVER HERE!"

Ok, game. Probably could've figured that out on my own, but thanks anyways...

I kinda miss the days of WRPGs where you actually had to keep a journal on your own and figure everything out for yourself; if you didn't write things down and keep on top of things, you could actually get lost.