• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gaming Annoyances

Impact

V.I.P.
Basically a place to discuss the little things in games that really annoy you.

Like the other day I was playing Enslaved. I was on the first little mission after a long cutscene, and it took be a couple tries to get it right. Every time I died, I had to replay the long ass cutscene with no way of skipping it. Either have a skip button for cutscenes, or don't make me rewatch them. It gets annoying.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Ugh. I hate having to watch the cutscenes over and over too. Maybe checkpoints should be AFTER the cut scenes, and not before.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
For me, it is having sequences that cause constant death and get me frustrated.

The exception to that is Super Meat Boy. Respawning is soooo fast and it never got frustrating. The exception to that rule is the frustrating deaths of Battletoads.

Daemonic

Registered Member
Gathering in Aion, I started a new character a couple days ago and have just skipped gathering in the quest that require it. I just decided to grind the exp I would get from those quest. When I did do gathering I used to get bored and end up just logging off.

That, and getting killed by asmodae when a rift opens if I'm in the middle of doing a quest or talking to a NPC to get or end a quest.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Gathering in Aion, I started a new character a couple days ago and have just skipped gathering in the quest that require it. I just decided to grind the exp I would get from those quest. When I did do gathering I used to get bored and end up just logging off.

That, and getting killed by asmodae when a rift opens if I'm in the middle of doing a quest or talking to a NPC to get or end a quest.
In the same MMO vein, how about those damn clanmates that go and ruin a raid for ya!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I agree with unskippable cutscenes. That was the worst in Ocarina of Time because they were so damn long.

Cheating AI. This is pretty bad in EA sports games.

Dumb AI teammates. The friendly AI in the Halo games are worthless.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The Cheating AI in Madden is annoying as hell, I agree. Sports games are some the worst offenders.

The shit ton of bugs in New Vegas as well.

Iris

rainbow 11!
When you put your disk in, excited to play and work on a game... you get an innocent little update and then you check a few things. You look at the progress only to see that the two fucking years you spent playing that game to try and get an achievement where you have to kill 53595 zombies reset to 1. I was only ten thousand away from that gorram achievement.

For fucks sake.

Impact

V.I.P.
Oh, yes. Dumb AI team mates. I don't know if any of you have played Dead Rising, but the people meant to be helping you in that game are stupid as fuck. I honestly wanted to throw my controller out the window so many times on the first mission, and I haven't bothered completing the game.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Cheating AI. This is pretty bad in EA sports games
hahaha there's this system in the game I'm currently playing on the PC (league of legends) where if you enter the Bushes you go invisible and enemy units cant see you anymore and therefore Shouldn't be able to Auto-Attack you unless they have "Skill Shots" which lets them fling their abilities without having to bind it to a target.

When you play a custom game to grind out Points for purchases or experience, there is a Certain AI bot called "Nunu" who seems to have the ability to attack you anywhere regardless of the Visibility rules and that rat bastard doesnt have any skillshots. :hah:

I dont know how many times I've escaped with incredibly low health after doing something stupid... Only to have Nunu-Bot attack me from outside the bushes and faceroll me :hah:

its comical yet frustrating at the same time.

Last edited: