• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gamestop Selling Retro Consoles

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/starting-today-gamestop-is-selling-retro-consoles-/1100-6428376/

I think this is an awesome idea, and I hope that Australian stores follow this example. It's quite hard to buy good retro consoles here. You need to search through the internet, visit garage sales or go to old pawn shops.

If they start selling them in major stores you'd know they would be properly refurbished ones in working order and it's much easier to buy them.

Anyone here own any retro consoles? The earliest I currently have is PS2. My old PS1 died on me, I'd love to buy another one day.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I only have my PS3 & PS4.

I'd be most interested in getting a SNES and Genesis, possibly even the Dreamcast.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I have all six of the retro consoles that they're selling (NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, Playstation, and Dreamcast), although the Dreamcast was given to me by someone who didn't want it anymore and I've never actually used it. If I thought I could get more than a few dollars for it, I'd probably sell it.

Also, I can't imagine paying $80 for a 15 year old game like Conker's Bad Fur Day. I loved the game, but the controls make it pretty much unplayable by modern standards. I should probably sell my copy since I know I'll never play it again.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
$80 is still cheaper than most new games here in Aus, which go for about $100 or more haha. I wonder how much a game like Conkers Bad Fur Day would be selling for here. If it's 80 in the US it would probably be 200 here.

Out of all the old consoles I'd love to get an N64. I've never had one before, but when I was young I used to love playing it at friends and families houses who had one.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I agree, $80 for an old ass game is ridiculous. I can go down to the little second hand electronics store near my house and get it for 10 or 15 bucks. Not that I would though. Haha.