• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GamesRadar 100 Best Games of All Time

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The 100 best games of all time | GamesRadar

For anyone who wants to skip the whole list, and just see the top 10, I'll write them here.

10. Mass Effect 2
9. Super Metroid
8. Bioshock
7. Shadow of the Colossus
6. Grand Theft Auto IV
5. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
4. Super Mario Bros 3
3. Chrono Trigger
2. Tetris
1. Portal

What do you think of this list? How many have you played? Any surprises. I know A LOT of people will be angry about number 1. I personally thing it's a good fit, although I do really love the game. It's good to see Tetris up high, that's one of my all time favourite games.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Portal is nowhere near the greatest game of all-time. That's a joke. I will not be looking at the rest of this list.

Thanks for sharing though. Ha.

BigBob

Registered Member
The fact that Grand Theft Auto IV is in the top 10, and on the list before Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is a joke. San Andreas and Vice City are the top best games in that genre, for me, IV doesn't deserve to wipe their asses.

I looked through the list quickly and I think it's a terrible "Top 100" list, and like Kons, believe Portal is no where near one of the greatest games of all-time.

Taliesin

Registered Member
Some interesting choices there.

I'd love to try out Journey, Earthbound, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus and Super Metroid as they appear to be quite unique and idiosyncratic experiences. I hope I get to do just that some time before I die!

Nice to see the likes of Okami, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 get the nod. They are truly terrific games. Although it would've been great to see Xenoblade Chronicles and Pikmin 2 grace that list too. But hey, it's their list, not mine.

I like that my favourite game ever (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker) got a respectable placing at number five. Not too shabby for a game that people thought looked too kiddy at the time (whatever that means). It's aged much better than the more "realistic" looking ones that came out then.

Last edited:

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I like these kinds of lists for the kind of responses I'm seeing from Bob, Kons and Ziggy; it reminds me that no matter how many "Top x games" lists come out, it all comes down to subjective opinion. For instance, some say Ocarina of Time is the greatest game ever. Personally, I don't agree. I agree that it's a good game, but I'd be more inclined to put Okami in OoT's place.

Ziggy

Sup?
Exactly.

Someone who doesn't like RPGs probably doesn't think Chrono Trigger deserves number 3.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
And pray tell, why not?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
It's certainly a subjective area, just like greatest books, greatest TV shows, greatest films etc. It changes for each individual person. While this is GR's own personally opinion of it that will be different for every person. I didn't agree with most of their choices, but I still enjoyed looking through the list.