• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games Games you wanted to play but didn't

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Are there any games you really wanted to play but for whatever reason never did?

For me there are quite a few.

Super Mario World (SNES) - That's right, I've never played this game. A big reason why is because I didn't get a Super Nintendo until near the end of its generation, so I had very few games for it.

Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 (SNES) - Pretty much the same reason as above.

Super Metroid (SNES) - I didn't get into Metroid until later games in the series. Super Metroid is regarded as the best Metroid game, but SNES copies are pretty expensive and I've never gotten it.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (Gamecube) - This game got really great reviews (one of the highest rated Gamecube games), and even though I've never really been into the survival horror genre, I was interested in this game.

Pikmin (Gamecube) - This one always looked like fun to me.

LEGO Star Wars (multi-platform) - I've never actually played any of the LEGO games. The Star Wars games were the original ones, now it seems like there's a LEGO everything.

Shadow of the Colossus (PS2) - This game just looked really awesome, but I only had a PS2 for a short time before selling it.

Mirror's Edge (Xbox 360, PS3) - Didn't get great reviews, but what could be more fun than running across rooftops?

Portal 1 and 2 - I think I would love these games. Just never got around to buying them.

Batman: Arkham City (Xbox 360, PS3) - It's Batman. And it's supposedly an amazing game.

There are also a handful of PS3 exclusives that I'm really interested in, such as the Uncharted series. I'm seriously considering buying a PS3 now that they're a lot cheaper.

dDave

V.I.P.
Are there any games you really wanted to play but for whatever reason never did?

For me there are quite a few.

Super Mario World (SNES) - That's right, I've never played this game. A big reason why is because I didn't get a Super Nintendo until near the end of its generation, so I had very few games for it.

Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3 (SNES) - Pretty much the same reason as above.

Super Metroid (SNES) - I didn't get into Metroid until later games in the series. Super Metroid is regarded as the best Metroid game, but SNES copies are pretty expensive and I've never gotten it.

LEGO Star Wars (multi-platform) - I've never actually played any of the LEGO games. The Star Wars games were the original ones, now it seems like there's a LEGO everything.

Portal 1 and 2 - I think I would love these games. Just never got around to buying them.
Super Mario World was great and I think Super Mario World 2 was even better. Great concepts for games and honestly they feel quite unique even among Mario games.

Donkey Kong Country 2 is an incredible game in my opinion. It's the only game in the series where you have two light characters, that actually changes the way you have to play the game. The level design was also fantastic and the music really fit the mood.

I too have always wanted to play Super Metroid. I'm not gonna play $50+ for it though, I'll have to get it for $8 on virtual console.

LEGO Star Wars is something that has recently interested me as well. I have both of the games for GameCube and one for the Wii.

Portal is an excellent franchise and I can't recommend it highly enough (I wonder if Crouton will see this thread too). I enjoyed both games immensely, especially the second game.

-----------

One game I sort of missed playing is Metroid Prime 2. I really loved the first game, there's no reason to think I wouldn't enjoy the second game.

Banjo Tooie is another game I never got around to playing. It's one of the only popular N64 titles that I don't own and it's still not really all that expensive these days. I enjoyed the first game a lot.

There are plenty of games that I've started but never finished, I've only listed the games that I really haven't played.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
One game I sort of missed playing is Metroid Prime 2. I really loved the first game, there's no reason to think I wouldn't enjoy the second game.

Banjo Tooie is another game I never got around to playing. It's one of the only popular N64 titles that I don't own and it's still not really all that expensive these days. I enjoyed the first game a lot.
Prime 2 is definitely worth playing. It's not as good as the first game, but it's still really good.

Banjo Tooie is available for download on Xbox Live. I think it's like $15.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I regret never playing any Zelda games after OoT. I had Majora's Mask but had barely started it before I lost interest in my Zelda quest. It's one of my biggest gaming disappointments.

I also haven't played much of GTA: San Andreas. I know it's an awesome game but I was distracted by Halo at the time and never really got to play it.

Another game I really regret never playing was Chrono Trigger. I never even knew about it until N64 had been out for quite a long time.

dDave

V.I.P.
I regret never playing any Zelda games after OoT. I had Majora's Mask but had barely started it before I lost interest in my Zelda quest. It's one of my biggest gaming disappointments.
I'm pretty sure your Zelda quest was what originally inspired me to start my own.

You do have the option to play more Zelda games, nobody is stopping you. ;)

Did you play all of the games before Ocarina of Time? It doesn't matter if it takes you months or years, if it's one of your biggest disappointments then you need to finish! :)

I've had mine going since 2008. While I've definitely made some good progress, I'm not exactly close to being done.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't have the games anymore. I don't own a single console so I can't exactly keep up with it right now.

I just noticed this one: "Mirror's Edge (Xbox 360, PS3) - Didn't get great reviews, but what could be more fun than running across rooftops?"

Maj, Mirror's Edge was terrible. I had it and the game was more of a grind than anything else. The control scheme is awful and you can't re-map the controls and it ruins the experience.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Maj, Mirror's Edge was terrible. I had it and the game was more of a grind than anything else. The control scheme is awful and you can't re-map the controls and it ruins the experience.
That sucks. I watched a speedrun of it and it looked like it would be a blast to play. Rossdude said he really enjoyed it, and he and I usually like the same games. *shrug*

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
For my there's no games that I haven't and never will play. I only have games that I haven't played "yet", but I always plan on in the future.

A few games I haven't played yet, or have started but never finished.

Heavy Rain, Mass Effect Trilogy, Any Call of Duty game, GTAIV, Skyrim (I did start playing this, just haven't played much yet), Gears of War series, Halo series etc

Basically a huge list of "Games to Play"

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Not really, no. The funny thing is that most of the games I would love to play, I already own, I just haven't played them yet. I would like to get another super nintendo because I regret getting rid of mine. Just the other day I hopped on half.com but they no longer sell gaming systems. I'll probably check out a few local places that sell them and see what the prices are and comparing them to online. I will get another one. I also regret getting rid of my gamecube, so I may look into getting another one of those soonish.

I really want to play the following:
Batman Arkham City/Asylum
Kingdoms of Amalur
What is that apocalypse game that has the blond guy? Extremely popular and they came out with a Vegas version or sequel? Ah, it's Fallout.
Star Wars: Kinect
Harry Potter: Kinect
Fable The Journey: Kinect
Game of Thrones

These are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head, and I own every single one of them. I need to get busy gaming.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Ah yes the Fallout series, I should add that to my list too. And the Bioshock series. I've tried playing the first one three times now but always get stuck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Video Games 0
ysabel Movies & TV 2
ysabel Video Games 6
dDave Video Games 6
dDave Video Games 10