• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games you automatically purchase

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Fewer and fewer truly new games come out these in my opinion, or if they do you rarely really hear about it, it seems to me games fall into these main categories:

games that are direct sequels to game that already exist
games based on the latest film made by pixar or whoever

Now I get why, direct games based on a game that is already out makes absolute sense, MW3 will sell on the first day because people enjoyed MW2, Fifa 12/Madden/NFL etc will sell because people want the most up to date teams etc when playing there friends or online.

Games based on Pixar films normally sell well to people who enjoy the films, especially it seems to the Wii & Nintendo DS market and again this makes sense, its the way things work.

Do you fall into this? Is this something you go along with? I do always purchase the new WWE game as I really enjoy them. I didn't buy Fifa '11 as I did enjoy '10 but not enough to spend forty pounds to see some players move from one team to another, I was advised it wasn't THAT updated.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The only game I definitely purchase when it's first released are usually sequels. For example there are about 10 games coming out soon that I really want to get, but due to money constraints I will probably only get 1 on the day it comes out. That will be Uncharted 3 because the first 2 were so good.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Halo, and the CoD franchise. I always get them because I love the multiplayer and I need to get it so I can still play with my friends. Also, if I know some of my friends are getting a certain game, then I will for sure get it too, so that I can play with them.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Sequels. CoD ALL the time. I think I have every CoD game except for World At War because it didn't tickle my fanny. And FIFA is always a must for me.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Halo, and the CoD franchise. I always get them because I love the multiplayer and I need to get it so I can still play with my friends. Also, if I know some of my friends are getting a certain game, then I will for sure get it too, so that I can play with them.
I just got COD Black Ops so we shall have try it online later or Sunday

Taliesin

Registered Member
The only games I will automatically purchase tend the be the Legend of Zelda ones, and that's really because I've enjoyed every single one I've played so far (I think maybe eight or nine of them). They might be fairly similar in terms of the gameplay mechanics, but they are often different enough thematically that I don't feel like I'm just buying the same game reskinned.

BigBob

Registered Member
There's a couple of different series that, unfortunately, I buy as soon as they come in. Specifically, the NHL series, NCAA series and usually Madden.

Iris

rainbow 11!
not many, at least not until the price drops. But I am buying GoW3 right away, I can't wait. It's going to be awesome.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I was like that from the start with Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2... and will be like that for Mass Effect 3.

Dragon Age games, Zelda, and Mario platformers are also ones I automatically purchase.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Nearly anything Bethesda.

Other than that, I never buy games as soon as they get released. Diablo 3 is one that I will buy on day one, regardless.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Video Games 0
ysabel Movies & TV 2
ysabel Video Games 6
dDave Video Games 6
dDave Video Games 10