• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 1 Games with Video clips?

venus

Hi, I'm new here and I have some questions which I hope is alright to ask here.
I know some games like Lunar, Silver Star Story and Final Fantasy have those clips that you can watch when you play the game, are they called demo clips? Also, which game has clips you can watch while playing? Can you find any of those clips on the Internet?

Thanks for any help :)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Most clips will not be available online unless somebody recorded them manually. I'd suggest checking YouTube. :)

Demo clips usually refer to in game footage, as opposed to in game video which is what I think you are looking for.

venus

Thank you, I'll try looking in youtube :)
You mentioned something about someone recoring them manually, can I do this myself? I heard that I can extract the clips from the video game myself but need a special hardware or something, and then following these steps, is there a way? Right now I'm looking to find out how to get these clips myself, but I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It's very easy to record them. All you have to do is hook your system into your VCR, set ir for the correct channel, and record on a tape.

Basically, the system hooks into the "in" A/V ports. You can do the same thing with DVD burners, also, but I don't know how that would work.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Or get an input for your video card or a pci card version that lets you record straight to your computer. You can buy them any any Best Buy or electronics store for around $50 or so.

Spinlock

Registered Member
There is software out there that can rip video from a Playstation disc. I don't remember what it's called, though... it worked, to a certain extent.