• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Games to movies

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Has anyone seen DOOM the movie? I thought it looked decent from a FPS perspective, but I'm guessing the plot is horrible. If all they did was miror the game plot and script it out, then I doubt that will be the redeeming factor. I'd be intersted to see the FPS scenes. Apparently a lot of the movie was shot in the FPS point of view, which actually I bet will get annoying, but I think it would still be interesting to see.

What other game to movie movies were decent?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Re: DOOM the movie

I heard it wasn't that great as a movie, and just another way for The Rock to show himself off. I don't think that much of the movie is shot in FPS view, because that would really take away from it if it was.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.

Has there been a good movie based off a videogame yet? It'll be interesting to see how the Halo movie does. Everybody seems to think the Halo story is awesome, but I don't think it's that great.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.

I like the Resident Evil movies, and the Final Fantasy movie. Those are just personal preference, though.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.

I didn't even know there was a Final Fantasty Movie. Resident Evil was mediocre at best. I never saw the second one though. What other videogame-movies were there? Super Mario Bros? That was horrible.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.

The Final Fantasy movie was pretty well known. Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. It was entirely CG and at the time was the best graphics out there. Now it's not as good, but still holds its own.

I think the Halo movie is going to be worth a watch, but something tells me that it's going to be made for and by the fanboys.

There's a "Killer Instinct" TV show now. Does anyone know if that is related to the game in any way? Then there was Mortal Combat..... lol

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
:lol: Forgot about the MK movies. How much do you wanna bet Master Chief is going to say "I need a weapon" in the Halo movie?

SamusAran86

Registered Member

I also heard that it wasnt that great, I havent seen it myself...

I have read that the last 30 minutes or so the movie shift to the First Person perspective.

dk_rare

Registered Member
Resident Evil was a very fun film, one of my favourites. The Halo movie is said to be excellent, the script is "meant" to be the gaming version of saving private ryan in terms of violence. Peter jackson is directing it and he is also a huge fan of the games... expect a winner

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't realize Peter Jackson was directing it.. It could actually be quite decent in that case.. Wow! Lord of the Rings and King Kong meet Halo! :D