• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

XBOX Original Games that never made it

Wrecked

Registered Member
2 games that come to mind that i believe the community missed out on are:

B.C. - you play as a cave man and learn how to use tools and make fires. you even get to kill dinosaurs. you start up a tribe and build a community and it was suppose to be very complex. and the graphics were pretty sweet. no clue why production stopped.

True Fantasy Live Online - one of the best looking MMORPGs in my eyes. it was cell shaded and very costumizable. your character changed with the way you play, if you were a warrior and just swung axes/swords/etc then over time your character would be buff. if you were a wizard, you'd stay skinny. you could eat meals to become the fattest person in the MMORPG world.

one of the coolest things was that you could have your own house. only people invited could come over so they couldn't steal your stuff.

also supposadly, you could have just lived your life fishing/cooking/etc.

the game sounded like it was going to be huge, but production ended during beta cause they couldn't fix the netcode. rumors started that it would go over to the 360, god i hope so cause the game looked beautiful.

Wrecked

Registered Member
did u mean to say that they're developing it for the 360 now?

haven't heard anything like that but if they did that would be prett sweet.

Rayzn

Registered Member
Wrecked said:
did u mean to say that they're developing it for the 360 now?

haven't heard anything like that but if they did that would be prett sweet.
Yea, I deleted the word "start" from the reply somehow. My bad.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Beauty and the Beastiality was never a game, Laura. Are you seriously just making up these posts out of your ass just to have something to say? It's getting really annoying, especially to those of us who actually make good, quality posts in this competition.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
ScubaSteve said:
Beauty and the Beastiality was never a game, Laura. Are you seriously just making up these posts out of your ass just to have something to say? It's getting really annoying, especially to those of us who actually make good, quality posts in this competition.
LoL, and thats why it got erased. ;)
Its not Laura, as I said in my introduction, its La Raza Unida.

Game that never made production for Xbox that I thought would of been nice to see....let me see. I do not know of any, the only game that I really know of that did not make production for the first xbox was Perfect Dark which we all now know did not make a big of a score impact on the 360 that everyone was hoping for.

Since Picasso and Too Human never made it to gamecube, I was hoping that they would have been produced on Xbox because of its superior graphics and that is what those two titles were trying to flex. I have heard of Too Human being renamed and is still under devolpment but can not recall if it is either for PS3 or 360, I know that it will not be for the revolution. The thing that I found interesting about the Too Human trailer was its dark atmosphere and characters.

It would have appealed to me because the main character looked bad ass, and the villains looked like villains, not cheesy knock offs of some other galatic movie or game. I think now if it were to come onto a system, it would be amazing and I could see it as a game that I would get lost in. It was being created by Silicon Knights correct, or no?

Pianobone

Registered Member
Can I call you Laz?

I loved playing this game called Jetpac- but not the old Rare game that makes a cameo in Donkey Kong 64. This was a computer game made by Apogee. It was somewhat simliar to Lode Runner, if you're familiar with that game at all. The object was to collect gems and gold and escape these evil robots. To beat the level, you had to get all the gems. Then a door would open and you had to get to the door. The gold was optional, but would get you points, and points = more lives.

The other element that set it apart from Lode Runner was that you had a Jetpac and could fly around. However, each level you start without fuel, so you have to find a fuel source on the map. Some levels were easy, some were terribly hard. Aside from the fuel, there were also teleports, locks and switches and other types of obstacles, like moving sidewalks, icy terrain or mossy terrain (made you slip or go slow) and a whole host of other things.

All in all, a great game that I want to play again. In fact, after I post this, I'm going to go see if I can find it somewhere online to download.