Games That Inspired You To Buy Consoles

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Sometimes when you can't make up your mind about a console a particular game will come out that just totally makes your decision for you. For me this has happened on 2 occasions. Firstly was the "New Super Mario Bros" which lead me to get a DS lite. The second occasion is that MGS4 is only on ps3 right now so I'll be getting one for christmas.

What games have pushed you to get a console? Was it worth it?

Bananas

Endangered Species
Starfox made me buy a SNES.
GoldenEye made me buy a N64.
Driver made me buy a Playstation
GranTurismo3 made me buy a PS2
Wii Sports made me buy a Wii
COD4 made me buy a 360.

I wish they would stop making me do these things, evil computer games.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I got SNES for Donkey Kong Country. Definitely worth it.

I got PS2 for GTA III. Not worth it. I sold the PS2 after a few months. There just weren't any other games I wanted.

R1pperZ

Registered Member
Halo CE convinced me a Xbox would be a good purchase. But now a days, knowing my games and what they are going to be released on before hand I think buying a console for one title is not a good idea. I want to play Metal Gear IV plus a few other titles on PS3 but when comparing to the mass off superb titles exclusively coming out for 360 or at least coming out for Xbox first makes the PS3 look like a bad choice since I can't afford to spend a thousand dollars on gaming systems I only play every few days at a time.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Let's see:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 :: Sega Genesis
Nights: Into Dreams :: Sega Saturn
Super Mario 64 :: Nintendo 64
Grand Theft Auto III :: Playstation 2
Halo :: 2 XBOX's
Super Mario 64 DS :: Nintendo DS

I also upgraded my PC strictly for Half-Life 2.

I bought a Nintendo DS strictly for Super Mario 64 DS and it's the only game I ever bought for it. I guess you could say it was a $150 game for me.

As you can see I purchased several consoles because of a single game but I did end up buying other games for those as well.

Also, Gran Tourismo 5 is likely to convince me to get a PS3. That along with Blu-Ray.

Last edited:

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Final Fantasy X made me buy a PS2.

I bought a video card for my PC, to play UT2004 and Silent Hunter III.

I bought a 360, because it's virtually just as good as a PS3, has all of the same games, except LBP and GT, for cheaper (and I certainly don't need a Blu Ray player yet).

fragile

Registered Member
FFX made me buy ps2 as well. I knew I had to play that game, and it was definitely worth the buy. That was actually my first console since sega. lol

The Final Fantasy series really had an impact on what systems I've bought. I really love the series and I know I wouldn't be disappointed. I've bought PlayStation 2 because of this, and I'm glad I did. I'm pleased! ^_^

For the future, and once I save up enough money, I *MIGHT* get a PS3 if they release more quality RPGs on there.