Games that do/don't deserve a makeover

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by viLky, Aug 29, 2008.

?

Final Fantasy 7 deserves a makeover?

1. Yes, please!

25.0%
  2. No, never!

75.0%
  1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Here, you can discuss games that do/don't deserve a makeover.

You can make your own list, discuss others or just lurk.

Games That DO Deserve A Makeover
    o-- XenoGears - While the game was decent on the PS1, with all that was going on and the complete disaster of disc 2, it need to be made over. It has the potential of being one of the best RPGs ever, if done correctly.

o-- Warsong - Again, the potential of being a wonderful game. :lick2:

o-- A Bard's Tale - It was unique to have a solo Bard RPG game. If it had a makeover and was redone correctly, it would be a very unique solo RPG.

Games that DON'T Deserve A Makeover
    o-- Final Fantasy 7 - *puts flame shield on* :fiery: - A lot of people want this to be updated and fresh, but nothing but disaster will come! It's my prediction that I see nothing good coming from this. FF7 should be left alone and never touched again - if so, file a sexual harassment lawsuit. With nostalgia and companies having a habit of overdoing things, it won't turn out good. :worried:

Now, they don't all need to be RPGs or of one genre. Whatever you want.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
    Syndicate likes this.

2. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

I'm with you, leave FF7 alone, it was perfect as is (well close to perfect anyway). I'd hate to risk mucking it up so SquareEnix can fill up their bank account.

I do agree Xenogrears needs it, it one of my top 3 favorite games but they just stopped trying on the 2nd disc. I'd like to see a cleaned up Secret of Evermore too, but I doubt I'll ever see that.

3. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

What, is there some big thing with squenix messing up re-releases?

4. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

I'd like the Classic Sonic Series (Anything up to and including Spinball) redone with the Sonic Rivals type graphics.

I'd also liek an update of Die Hard Trilogy, Soul Reaver and Hogs of War.

I'd hate to see Mario, Tetris, Outrun, Sonic 3D, Abe's Oddysee/Exoddus and ANY Final Fantasy updated. To me, those are timeless classics. It's like the Rocky Horror remake, it can't be good.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah I'm with Mal, haven't they done a pretty badass job with remakes? I'm pretty sure almost all of their remakes have hauled serious ass.

Resident Evil 2 deserves a remake and according to a few websites, rumors are starting to circulate that it's coming on the Wii all fancy and remade.

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

They need to make a new Star Fox 64 game but actually stick to the ideals that made that one the most enjoyable thing ever.

7. Syndicate

Syndicate Chirp Chirp

Agree with FF. There are aspects of FF7 that you cannot replicate. It was the first real 3D fantasy RPG I'd ever played. It just blew my mind reading about it at the time. I knew of nothing like it, nor had any gamer I knew. It was the greatest thing since sliced sex. All things combined made it one heck of an experience.

I know people that had never played it and have tried it in recent years, exclaiming: "the graphics suck" "this isnt original" "where can i get naked pics of Tifa". You could update the graphics but it'd never have the same impact it did back then. I expect it'll happen in the end purely for the cash cow (though I'm impressed they've held out this long) but it'll be a shame.

I'd love to play an updated Chrono Trigger. Extend the story, buff up the graphics and put a controller in my hands. Some of the old charm of the retro graphics would be lost but it was so enchanting, I know I'd still love it. Also Ghouls and Ghosts. It's been redone a little but nothing like it could be. Again, graphical charm lost but that gameplay is timeless.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  8. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

I'd love to see a Resi 2 re-make, it'll probably come out alongside the CGI movie they're doing that takes place after it! *totally-out-of-character-fangirl-squeel* i love Leon!

I think a re-make of the first three would be good, they're total classics!

9. Schala

Schala Registered Member

I wish the fanmade 3D Chrono Trigger could have been finished. But we all know SE forced them to stop making it. =( But from what I've seen, it looked pretty awesome.

I actually don't want a remake of CT, but a decent sequel. >_> I was not fond of Chrono Cross at all. The music was great, but that was about all it had going for it. I hate the magic system. x_x

If they remade CT though, I'd play it, but it definitely would lose some if its charm. It would be cool if the DS version had some neat cutscenes added in, but without the terrible loading time from the PS1 version. ^^0