Games like Taboo, Pictionary etc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smelnick, May 8, 2010.

1. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Are you good at these types of games?

Taboo is the game where one person tries to get the rest of his team to guess a word, by explaining it without using any of the words on the list of taboo words. I love this game because I'm really good at it. Because I read tons and have a large vocabulary, it isn't hard for me to explain a word without using the taboo words due to me having a lot of other options.

Pictionary is where you try to guess a word based on the picture someone is drawing. I'm good at getting people to know what I'm saying, because I can draw related things just to get them to say the word. And if one way isn't working, I can try a different angle. I'm good at guessing too, but I really don't know why.

There are other games like this as well, Tribond, balderdash etc. Do you find that you excel in these kinds of games? Or do you just fail?

2. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

We have a game here called 30 Seconds. It sounds a lot like Taboo. You have to explain 5 things writen on a card to your team mate without saying that word (and you can't say sounds like...). I am very good at 30 Seconds, but it does depend on my team mate. I have a fairly good level of general knowledge, but if my team mate is fail, there is no way I can win that game. So I am WIN!

I am no good at pictionary, so there I would say I am FAIL!

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I'm pretty good at taboo, pictionary is just awful for me though, I can never seem to get it right, nobody can ever guess what I'm trying to draw.

Taboo is pretty fun, but I think that Apples to Apples is a better game, not by much though. Apples to Apples is in the same category of games, generally recreational and you can quit at any time.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

My twin sister and I kick everyone's ass at pictionary. We think pretty much exactly the same and have so many identical life experiences. People never let us be on the same team anymore.

5. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Yah, that's another thing that makes the game easier. If you're playing with friends that know your past or you shared events in the past, you can start describing those events to help get them to say the word. That's always funny.

6. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

I am not allowed to side with my best friend in these games anymore either. With her I can just say one word and she knows what I mean. I love playing with her. I suck at describing anything sport related though. I don't know who is a baseball player vs a football player, etc. so those I skip coz I know I won't get them ever. :)

7. anmracing

anmracing Registered Member

You gotta try Fact or Crap. We love to break out this game when we have a drinking party..... It a game where it has a bunch of cards with trivia questions and some of the answers are, well either fact or crap. We change the rules cause we are crazy and don't abide by any rules.....LOL!

Oh, and Shout. It's a dvd game where you devide into teams and it asks questions about movies. This game can get pretty loud.