• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gamers keep playing while man is murdered

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Several people were inside the internet cafe when the man was murdered. Although the incident took place in front of several individuals, no one bothered to help the victim fight off his assailant.

After the stabbing took place, several people simply stood around the man’s body. One female gamer reportedly continued to play her game despite the fact that blood had splattered on her clothes. The murder was captured on the cafe’s surveillance system.

Man Murdered At Internet Cafe, Gamers Continue Playing
At a internet cafe in Taiwan a man was murdered and people just kept playing games and no one tried to help him. I don't know what to say about this. Don't think I could of just sat there playing with blood splattering on me. How could people be so disconnected or unaffected by someone being murdered?

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
That is so wrong. I wonder if Taiwan has something similar to the Good Samaritan Law that we have here in America.

I can understand the story about the heart attack, but the stabbing is just outright obvious. It's possible that the girl was so into the game that she actually didn't notice the stabbing, but I doubt it.

I can't imagine what was going through these people's heads that they didn't even try to help the poor guy.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I guess it depends on what game I'm playing at the time. If it's Uncharted or Batman, no way I risk my life or Drake's/Batman's to help a stranger.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know what I would do for sure. You never really know until you are in that situation, you could just freeze not believing what is happening. I don't think I would of kept playing a stupid game, maybe throw something at him then run.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
If someone was playing a game loudly with headphones on, and was immersed in the game then it would be understandable if they didn't notice it happening.

The article says that at least some people saw though and sat motionless in their chair. I can also understand this as going into shock is a common reaction for something like this.

However the people who did see what happened and didn't go into shock but still did nothing seems strange. Going up and helping the man would be stupid. There's a guy with a knife killing him. Why would you put yourself in danger by trying to directly help? I think it's strange that no one ran outside and called the police though. That seems like the action I'd expect most people would take.