Gamers are war criminals

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bjarki, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

You are all little Hitlers you :lol:

2. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

It sounds like Trial and Pro Juventute were just saying games should be more realistic in their portrayal of the consequences of committing war crimes. Not unreasonable. That said, I like walking in front of cars in GTAIV and putting slugs into the drivers if they just slightly annoy me. The consequences of murder in broad daylight is that some cops will chase you ineptly until you drive far enough away from them (a couple city blocks). Or so I've learned. Game makers have to consider what's fun, first off, but if they're going for realism, taking international law into account would be a good idea.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Because in War Civilians, Buildings, and Captives are always spared and never harmed. Blow it out your ass, more buildings were destroyed in WWII than we can even tally up. More civilians died in the Hiroshima blast, to the hands of Somalian Pirates, or to the Plight of Flight 93 than any video game has ever foretold.

Want something real... War is a bitch, people die buildings get raped and pillaged.
    ------
    actually... I can say we've learned this from Modern Warfare 2:

History is written by the victors. History is full of liars....If he lives, and we die, his truth will be written.

4. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Conflict: Desert Storm I'll grant them to some degree, but come on. You play as special forces in that game. News of whaterver shit they get up to only reaches those who need to know. Everyone else is either fed misinformation, or simply not told about it.

As for the rest? Well, Far Cry 2, you're pretty much a soldier of fortune, and I highly doubt they generally care about the geneva convention. Same kinda goes for Army of Two, but seriously? That game is more about rule of cool. And Call of Duty 5, well...that another point in the Earth's timeline. I doubt we follow the exact same guidelines they had back then.

5. icegoat63

I dont remember killing civilians in that game. I recall playing it and it wasnt the best game I'd ever played. But seriously... I don't recall ever killing civilians or blowing up buildings. I mean that whole Bad Company style of Building Demolition engine really wasn't that prevalent around the time C:DS was out right? Did we torture in that game? :hah:

6. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Honesly? I don't recall. It's been years since I've played it, and the only one I've played since is Conflict: Veitnam (only partway through mission one, already regret it...)

7. icegoat63

Maybe its the definition of the Terrorist they are upset with. Because if I recall right the antagonists in that game were terrorists and the only way to define terrorists around that time was patchy beard and a turban.

[​IMG]

But now its like game developers really cant even make war games because at some point you have to create a conflict in the game between two nations, which means one nation has to be the "bad guy". And apparently Russia didnt appreciate being that guy in MW2 :hah:

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I don't feel it's disrespectful to tell this group who is making these "war crimes" calls to fuck off.

9. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

More political bullshit. Apparently, the heads of these guys is shoved so far up their ass taht they can feel they can tell us whats good for us and the world. NO ONE GIVES A SHIT!

War is differant than just about anything a videogame can capture. No matter how intense it can be, war will be more so. To compare the two is like comparing Apples and Bannanas. It makes no sense.

"It noted that, even though most players would never become real world combatants, the games could influence what people believe war is like and how soldiers conduct themselves in the real world." Stupidest thing ever. I'll guarantee you that 1 in 5 soldiers at war right now will say they played violent videogames before enlisting. When the Playstation first came out, alot of our soldiers where teenagers. The lot of them played such videogames. It called "Generation Kill," Where our warriors who played violent videogames as kids become the real deal. The comparison is just retarded.

And every REAL soldier gets trained to NOT do the things they do in videogames. These organizations need to fuck off who tell us otherwise.....

10. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

This is brilliant...what a ploy...geniuses!

"Hey guys I have an idea that will basically involve us playing video games for the next 12 months!":D

I cant believe you guys are not seeing through this. Its not political correctness gone mad, its a bunch of people finding an excellent excuse to play video games and get credited for doing so. They publish a paper at the end of their [strike]gaming session[/strike] study, that does not include anything we did not already knowo and all of a sudden you have a bunch of gamers on their high horses.....so now they can do another study!...its brilliant:lol:
    ------
    :-o People rape buildings!

icegoat63 likes this.