• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 3 GameFly

Konshentz

Konshentz
I thought I had made a thread about this already but the search turned up nothing.

Does anyone on GF use GameFly? Do you like it?

I used it for a handful of months back when I got my first PS3 back in late '09. I thought it was decent, the games shipped fast, huge selection, updated all the time. A few times I wasn't able to get the newest games because they were all rented out... but that didn't happen very often until the end.

I'm thinking of signing back up. 2 games out at a time for $22.95 - pretty good deal. I was averaging about 6 games a month back when I had it... at Block Buster that'd be around $60, unless you rented two at a time and got the deal... but that'd still be $45.

There are a lot of games coming out this spring that I'm looking forward to playing, but not exactly sure I'm willing to shell out $60 a pop on every single one of them. This way I can rent them, beat them and send them back without killing my wallet. :lol:
------
Opps, I should've done this in General Gaming. Can someone move it?

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Nah I dont use it.

I'm not much of a Grinder when it comes to gaming. I prefer personally to have a game and really be in depth with it. Like for instance the AC Series. I'd been playing AC2 for almost 3 straight months. Mag... I played that for 10 months! I'm sure when I get Socom 4 in it'll be the same deal... if I'm not on it for just under a solid year I'll be surprised.

So for a gamer like me... I dont think Gamefly is really all that worth it. Not when I can buy used games and turn around and sell 'em on ebay for a marginal profit :D

Konshentz

Konshentz
Yeah, I tend to be the opposite. Unless it's an Uncharted or a Heavy Rain... beating the main game and collecting a few trophies is enough for me. So going by that, it's definitely worth it. I can bust out 30-40 games a year. Haha. But I definitely understand where you're coming from.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Video Games 0
W Video Games 2
K Video Games 3