• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo Gamecube "What Ifs........."

K

kajin_phoenixlord

Every since I was a little kid I've always liked Nintendo. The Gamecube was a good console, but it's sad to see what it had accomplished. It just makes you wish that you had something to do in making it yourself to improve. If you had the opportunity what would you do to improve the Gamecube?

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
I would say backwards compatibility, but that would have been way too hard. They probably should have switched to the larger discs allowing for DVD playback. Also beefed up the specs to appeal to more third party developers.

T

thablackjohncena

they sort of do have backwards compatiblity...(gameboy player) but I would say...controller redesign and DVD playback. CvS2 came out and the controller was so awkward.

P

pasteycracker

thablackjohncena said:
CvS2 came out and the controller was so awkward.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was a bit awkward... after a couple rounds I got adjusted though.

Z

Zombie

I love my Game Cube. The DVD thing would help. Also some of the best games are not for Game Cube. Halo or Halo2 are the main two I wish I could have but to get an xbox just because of that... Then again the entire reason I got Game cube is because of Zelda, and ps2 and xbox don't have that. My all time fav game...

The controller is fine to me. Its easy to go from that to other things for me. Went back to play n64 and THAT really messed me up.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Zombie said:
Halo or Halo2 are the main two I wish I could have but to get an xbox just because of that...
Microsoft were never going to bring out a game like Halo for other consoles. It would loose them sales in their own console.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Storm said:
Zombie said:
Halo or Halo2 are the main two I wish I could have but to get an xbox just because of that...
Microsoft were never going to bring out a game like Halo for other consoles. It would loose them sales in their own console.
We know, that's why this is a thread of "What ifs" and broken dreams, lol.

I wish they did a traditional Pokemon RPG for it. I hated stadium and that dumbass Gale of Darkness game. They need a Pokemon game that isn't some lame spinoff.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Snap 2 ;D

I think that they should have pushed for internet gaming earlier on.

Z

Zombie

I wasn;t really saying that Halo should come out for game cube, its just that I'm to cheap to buy an Xbox. My God do I want one...