• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Game Cube Gamecube reliability

dDave

V.I.P.
You should use your gamecube to play gamecube games just to put less usage time on your Wii this was it will last longer.:D otherwise you have no use for your gamecube and it is pointless to own it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Dave has the right idea. You're going to be able to find Gamecubes a dime a dozen for the next five or so years, maybe through the entire next generation of systems.

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm probably going to end up buying a gamecube soon since mine broke about 1 1/2 years ago and I was waiting for the Wii to come out so I never got another one, I definitely don't want to put more stress on my Wii but I kind of have to at the moment, gamecubes will be getting very cheap soon.

Doc

V.I.P.
You can get one used at GameStop for $39.99.

dDave

V.I.P.
I just might go for that, but I do prefer to know how used my consoles are and what they have gone through, I would almost prefer buying it someplace like ebay but id gamestop knows then I'll probably check it out.

Doc

V.I.P.
You're in luck, though, because the Gamecube is pretty damn reliable. Just ask them to let you check it out before you buy it, or check out several of them. You can find a gem in there all the time.

I used to work for Gamestop, by the way.