• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii gamecube on WII worth it?

wii_me

Just bought a Wii. Thinking of buying GameCube controllers with some Gamecube games. I looked at the list of upcoming games for the Wii- most of the Gamecube titles are going to be on the Wii.

With that being said, do you think it's still worth it to get Gamecube controllers/games for the Wii?

SamusAran86

Registered Member
If you want GC controllers for Wii (some VC games use GC controllers) BUY Wavebirds... Not orinigal controllers. only but the corded ones if you actually own a GC.

As for games. Sure its worth it. you can find alot of cheap GC games, and ALL are playable in your Wii

GUARD

personally, I like using the classic controller pad for virtual console games but......... the upcomming super smash brothers brawl uses classic controller or gamecube controller only. i"d rather play smash brawl with the gamecube controller.besides......... their are a huge amout of awsome and cheep gamecube games out there. have fun..lol

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I actually find the VC Controler a bit awkward... I will use any other control scheme than that if I can... Wavebirds are the best (second only to Wii control)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
The Wavebird is hands down the best controller you can get for a Gamecube. You should be able to pick them up pretty cheap now that the Wii is out.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Nope, wavebirds are still full price.

That is unless you can find them used in some shops, but there you only save about 10-15 bucks

blacklion000

yeah! its obviously worth having the gamecube feature on the wii

that way people who havent owned a gamecube but are getting the wii can get some of the classic titles for cheap and enjoy twice as much games

kingpin

It's definetly worth still buying GC games because if the game you want to play is only for the GC than buy them. Im playing my Resident Evil 4 on my Wii. And it's also worth buying the GC controllers.

jumpingtheflag

I think it would be worth it to get a wavebird. By far the best wireless controller I've used (pre-next gen consoles that is). Plus, gamecube games can be bought for dirt cheap now. However, some VC games (including Super Mario World) are practically unplayable with the gamecube controller, so the classic controller is also a must-have.