• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Game Cube Gamecube going down in price soon?

yooperchick

Registered Member
Anyone hear of a possible price drop for the Gamecube? Right now they are at $99. My son is really getting into the video games, and the GC would be interesting cause then the whole family could play games. What comes to mind is Mario Party. I've played the first one, and had a blast doing it. I would just hate to buy it before Christmas if there's a price drop looming on the horizon.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I haven't heard anything. I'd be surprised if it ever drops below $99, especially before Revolution is launched. You can't really complain about a decent console for $99 though. I mean, that's the price of two games. Get a Gamecube and Metroid Prime (only $20) and you're all set for a while.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
There might not be a price drop in the immediate future, but Nintendo is always offering bundles... current one out is the Mario Party 7 bundle for $99

If you are getting games for the kids, I would recommend:
Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights
Jimmy Nuetron Jet Fusion
Rugrats Royal Ransom

Ive played them all with my kids, and found myself partially enjoying them as well... Other games the kids might like

Any of the Sonics, Super Monkey Ball, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart DD, Mario Golf Toadstool Tour (my kids are 5 and 7 BTW)

yooperchick

Registered Member
Oh, thanks for the heads up for the bundles information. That is a pretty good deal!

And thanks for the suggestions on games. I found myself liking Jimmy Neutron cartoons, so I probably would gravitate towards a game like that.

I know the price may go down after Revolution, but I always get something for the whole family for xmas from Santa. Not even Dad knows about it, and of course, Mom has no idea either. It just magically appears under the tree.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
They have a wonderful bundle of Mario Party 7 w/ microphone and gamecube for $99 at many retailers. I would definately suggest checking that out. Mario Party is one of my favorite games ^_^

EDIT: And the new mario party can support up to 8 players!

yooperchick

Registered Member
My problem is that I don't have a Best Buy or a Circuit City. Walmart is probably my best bet and it's 15 miles away and a nuthouse whenever I am there. So, most of my shopping is online. We do have a Pamida (if anyone's heard of that - it's like a crappy K-Mart and 1/3 the size). They have PS2's right now and the XBOX, but nothing else.

I would love to just be able to shop around and take a look at things and see what all is out there. Internet is nice, but sometimes, you gotta watch it and make sure you know exactly what you are getting.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Amazon has it online http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...345594-5797639?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846
I tried the best buy and it showed it had it too, but when I clicked it said error so I do not know if the sale ended there.

I could not find anything on Circuit City. Yea, I live in a small town and the closest thing is 35minutes away and after that it is 50minutes away. Which I will be making some nice drives come pay day this week. I did all of my shopping online except for my bro and my gf.

EDIT: Looks like the sale is through GameStop, so now if you have any gamestop near you.... http://www.gamestop.com

yooperchick

Registered Member
Thanks for the link - but it's coming up as an eBay link???

Amazon is okay, but they take soooooo long to ship things. For normal paid delivery, it takes like a week and a half for something to get to me :(

And where I live, there is no overnight shipping at all.

Oooooh....wish you luck with shopping for the gf.

Oh...the Best Buy site has been working really crappy lately...

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Hmm, thats wierd. Well you can just search gamecube on amazon then it comes up. GameStop also has a refurbished GameCube + Mario Sunshine for 79.99

Thanks for the good luck ;) I plan, to buy her things she wants plus give her a surprised :)

yooperchick

Registered Member
Surprises are always good for women :)

I did take a look at Amazon. That bundle is pretty neat. Oh, the decisions I have to make soon...