• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GameBoy Advance Gameboy Micro!

dk_rare

Registered Member
The Gameboy Micro is out, another one that just snuck up on me (as well as the 360). I sold my old gba for 10 quid when I got my DS, only to find out that the DS wont play classic or colour games and that I cannot trade pokemon with it (actually I already knew that, I just didn't know that I would regret it).

I think I will buy one, it only cost a game and a half, so why the hell not?

Other peoples thoughts on this micro marvel?

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I dont know what I think... I never owned a GBA (till I got one for the kids)

I always played my GBA games through the Game Boy Player... I got a DS because of the cool games coming out for it, and have played GBA games trough that... but I would rather have them on the big screen, if you know what I mean..

Now DS games on the other hand... I have brought everywhere with me... On road trips, on flights, and to doc's appt's... killer games to take up part of your time...

GBA games to me still have that feeling of being a home system style of games... though its been portable for over 15 years

dk_rare

Registered Member
It was mainly just the Advance Wars games and Pokemon games (including colout and b/w) that make me want to get the Micro, like so I can link up and trade ^_^ And you carnt connect the DS to the Cube as a gameboy screen... plus the Micro is so cute!

But yeah, not exactly an essential purchase, with the DS out now ^_^

EDIT: Err, I mean cos the GBAdvance had the GBA processor in it AND the GBColour processor (the GBC chip could also play most b/w games too). But for the DS they only put the GBA processor in it, they didn't bother with the GBC one too (and there was no reason that they should, playing gba games too was a bonus enough!). And also the DS wont let you link play gameboy games, sadly

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I don't get why Nintendo made the Micro. Or why they made the SP. They're just the same game system, except the Micro is smaller, and SP has a backlight. Seems like a waste of money when you can get one of the original GBA's for much cheaper.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have a DS and have been very happy with it. I only have one game, but it's all I wanted, and it works for what I needed it for. Something to do when I'm bored and traveling, or camping in line for XBOX's, movies, etc. :) Although it was too cold recently to be playing DS. Gloves or DS... *feels air for a second* Ok, gloves. :)

KannonMAK

Registered Member
Gamechamp said:
I don't get why Nintendo made the Micro. Or why they made the SP. They're just the same game system, except the Micro is smaller, and SP has a backlight. Seems like a waste of money when you can get one of the original GBA's for much cheaper.
make money off a trend of people wanting small things.

plus asians have been trying to get back at americans for having thier HUGE "ASSETS" over them.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Ive never owned a gameboy, the only handheld I have ever owned is my *white* DS. I can see the Micro as being a niche because it is exclusive, limited, and more importantly a gap filler until the new DS or new gameboy is to come out.

I wonder even more now how the new game boy and new DS will work together when developers are already talking about possibilities of a DS Rev connection. I wonder if Ninty even thought that the DS would of been as big of a success as it was and they were using the Third pillar as just a saftey net.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Gamechamp said:
The SP is awesome. That should be the standard GBA. There's really no reason to buy the original. The SP is definitely worth the extra $15 or whatever it is.

I finally got try a Micro out today. I was amazed at how tiny it was. I can see it being useful for portable reasons, but it's just too tiny for me.

Also, this trend Nintendo's got going for releasing a million different Gameboys a year is becoming annoying. Understandable from a business viewpoint, but sheesh, there are so many now.

ltk9492

Registered Member
Gameboy micro? too small personally. The screen too small, but points for brightness. If you want a new GBA, not DS, seriously stick with the SP, unless you can handle the mini screen and small buttons. Only good thing is portability and brightness. Want a good mini version of a great product? Invest in an ipod nano instead of this