• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Game Section Categories

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
As you may have noticed, PC games are currently organized by DirectX versions. This may work, but if you have a better idea feel free to let us know.

Also, a big question is what to do with "Cross Platform" titles, or "ports." Generally games on different consoles have different features, but are generally the same game. As it is now, we would have a separate forum under XBOX and PS2 for a game that is on both of them. The other option is to use console based forums for console specific games, and then put third party stuff in a new forum.

What are your thoughts?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'd say no. There's already too many forums. I don't think we really need two different forums for Ninja Gaiden. Or three Rainbow Six forums.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Why not put them in the General Gaming forum? Isn't that what it's for?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
General is more for ungategorized overall stuff like "favorite game ever" "future of gaming" etc. Actual games should be categorized somewhere at least. I'm just thinking there's got to be an easier way to do this, while still allowing for individual sections, which are good as well. Most forums are afraid to be specific, but I found that when you don't have specific sections, nothing specific really is talked about.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
let prople talk about a game on whatever platform they have it on. and if it warrants, create a specific forum for that game.

multiplatform games are usually different depending on what platform they are on. Usually minor graphics... but sometimes ports just suck... let them be placed into the areas they need to be.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Then there's PC to console ports... I rarely see a direct PC to console port that compaires to the original. Starcraft 64 anyone? :lol:

I'm all for keeping it the way it is, but AT LEAST I'd like suggestions about the PC categories. It think it's too confusing as is because nobody knows where a game should go.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
My idea is to cut away game specific forums all-together. Then only have the ones for certain games on request, that avoids all the clutter we have now.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I like the way we are set up right now, though the PC section is confusing.

Maybe the Sega and Atari sections can be one complete forum, as we dont know how many people will post in those section... least still have the area for Retro Sega and Atari stuff.

Otherwise, I would give it at least a full moth before we start pulling game forums themselves.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Video Games 0
ysabel Movies & TV 2
Crouton Ideas & Support 4
dDave Ideas & Support 3
sunrise Video Games 1