• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Game on? Pacman nearing a return ... in the CFL

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's right Pacman Jones signed a contract with the Blue Bombers which are a team in the CFL. It should be interested to see how he does in the CFL. There's no big time wide receivers in the CFL, so if he's good as he thinks he is, he should dominate the position.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
This guy is a moron. He won't last 2 months.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
i thought for sure he'd sign with the united football league

but yeah, he might be done in the NFL...unless he somehow impresses

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.

DCM87

Registered Member
Yeah, I am split on this one to be honest.

On one hand, while I didn't admit it, I was personally interested in seeing what he could do for our team as anything is better than what we got going on now.

On the other hand, I dislike NFLers coming into the CFL and dominating and then leaving, never to be heard of.

Also, speculation also leads to his Ustream video being a contributing factor as well.

Oh well. We should be in good systems if we can split our Saskatchewan series through the next two weeks, heh.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I won't be surprised if another team in the CFL sign him. CFL teams don't usually care about players past, if they can help the team and can make it to the NFL they'll do everything they can to bring them to their teams. Very surprised Winnipeg backed out of the deal.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I was pretty suprised too now that I think of it. Winnipeg could really use a good recieiver. With milt retiring, we were left with a lot of mediocre catchers. Now that we have a quarter back who can throw, we need people who can catch. Winnipeg's been relying alot on running game the last couple games as far as I know but it won't take long for the other teams to learn to defend that.. Bishop throws too many interceptions, but he also throws a lot of passes that get dropped or missed. However, with a decent reciever who can catch those, it'll make up for the interceptions.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Pacman Jones is a cornerback my friend not a wide receiver. So he would be the one trying to intercept the balls from the opposing quarterbacks, and making tackles on the wide receivers.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Oops, i heard wrong I suppose haha, my bad. It was someone else they were looking at getting I suppose that was a wide reciever.