• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Game of the Year (2017)

Konshentz

Konshentz
What was your game of the year?

What was your top 5?

Biggest surprise?

Biggest disappointment?

My game of the year was Prey. I absolutely loved it. It was like Bioshock and Dead Space all smooshed together. The ending was pretty great.

The rest of my top 5 would look like this...

2.) Resident Evil 7
3.) Dead By Daylight
4.) Mass Effect: Andromeda
5.) Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

My biggest surprise? Definitely Dead By Daylight. It has no business being in my top 5, but I sunk a killer amount of time into it and loved every second. It quickly dethroned my beloved Friday The 13th as my favorite multiplayer horror game.

I think my biggest disappointment is a tie between Horizon Zero Dawn and myself. I am disappointed in Horizon Zero Dawn because, well, it was disappointing. Haha. And the reason I am disappointed in myself is because I for some inexplicable reason spent $60 on the boring pile of garbage that is Destiny 2. Oh well, I've never been good with money. Haha.

2017 was a pretty decent year for games and if everything goes right, 2018 should easily blow it out of the water with Far Cry 5, Red Dead 2, Spider-Man, Detroit, God of War, Days Gone, System Shock and The Walking Dead: Final Season just to name a few.