• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Game of the Year (2015)

Best game of 2015?

• Bloodborne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

• Until Dawn

• Mario Maker

• Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

• Life is Strange

• Tales From the Borderlands

• Rise of the Tomb Raider

• Other

• Total voters

Konshentz

Konshentz
A little late, but with 2015 in the books... what do you think was the best game and why?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Glad to see you finally made this buddy.

For me, it's Fallout 4 hands down. I'm a sucker for Bethesda games like this and Elder Scrolls, but it's one of the most immersive games I've ever played hands-down. The story is great IMO. The gameplay is also excellent - they kept the V.A.T.S. system that I love but added a lot of little things that made the mechanics better all around. The companions and supporting cast were an interesting and fun touch as well.

I'd include some personal favorites on the list like Madden, MLB the Show, Mortal Kombat, and Arkham Knight...but none of those comes close to being the kind of game Fallout was.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Same here.

Fallout 4 gets my vote, edging out Until Dawn as the best (and my favorite) game of 2015.

Such a great game. The story and world were enough for you to overlook some of its flaws. I loved the companions and all the non-Preston side quests. Haha. Definitely the most time I've ever put into a single player game before. I think I totaled out at 135 hours after getting the platinum trophy. I can't wait to dive back into that world with some DLC.

I can't believe I forgot to add Arkham Knight into the poll. Haha. That's definitely a top 5 game for me this year. Maybe I left it off because I thought it was going to be a top 2 instead,

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Ori and the Blind Forest is the only 2015 game I played, so I will go with that by default, but I definitely think it's Game of the Year worthy anyway. It might be my favorite game since Metroid Prime in 2002.

It probably has the most beautiful graphics I've seen in a 2D game, an incredible soundtrack, and gameplay that is both fun and very challenging. I finished the game with over 400 deaths.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Ori and the Blind Forest is the only 2015 game I played, so I will go with that by default, but I definitely think it's Game of the Year worthy anyway. It might be my favorite game since Metroid Prime in 2002.
I really wanted to play that. I bailed on my Xbox One a little too early. Lesson learned though. Haha.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I really wanted to play that. I bailed on my Xbox One a little too early. Lesson learned though. Haha.
If you can play games on your PC, I would definitely recommend picking it up. Otherwise, I think it's coming out for Xbox 360 at some point, but I can't remember if you have that either.

Konshentz

Konshentz
This laptop sucks when it comes to games. I think I'm grabbing the X1 again anyways. They have a couple exclusives that look good and I'm still holding my breath for a Sunset Overdrive 2. Haha.