Game, Football, Everyone join

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
If anyone is intrested, I want to start a game when the football season starts. Each week a person places their picks for the teams to win and after the Monday game, we post who got what picks right. There's still a month left before the regular season starts, so sign up here and I'll make a list of who all is in it. I'll post the statistics each each week, and at the end of the season I'll post who was the "luckiest".

So who's in?

PaulZ108

Registered Member
Count me out. I'd play, but I never got into football. I'd have no idea who to pick...hell, I can't even tell what's going on half the time when I see it on TV every now and then.

Well, sure... Why not? 'Couse, I'll probably be pretty consistant when it comes to picking a game that involves the Dolphins. :lol:

Rabs

Registered Member
Ok, I will probably do that. Maybe Hybrix can make it so the winner gets something. It could be weekly or it could be only at the end of the year. Like more points or something nice like a small gift. I don't really know but it sounds cool.

Doc

V.I.P.
Well, the picks would happen weekly...as opposed to making every pick before the season.

Well, you guys decide that. It would be eaiser for me if everyone picked first, but its more entertaining and "scientific" if we do them week-by-week.

As for prizes, there could be small weekly prizes for the person with the most picks that week. Also, at the end, a large prize for the person with the best picks overall. That is completely up to Hybrix, of course.

I think Rabs was talking about still picking the winners week-by-week just wondering if prizes would be handed out weekly or only for the overall winner at the end of the season.

At any rate, I'd rather it go week by week. Probably having picks due friday or saturday night (I know later in the season some games happen on saturday).

Doc

V.I.P.
I'll talk to Hybrix on AIM about the prizes next time I see him on. The deadline will be Friday, and the results will be posted Tuesday or Wednsday. I do have a job, so it may be hard for me to quicky post the results. I'm pretty organized though, and I'll use Excel Spreadsheets and the such to get it all in order.

Rabs

Registered Member
Yeah I was talking about the prizes being either weekly or only one at the end. What is the best place to go to check out schedules and stuff for each week? ESPN?

Doc

V.I.P.
I'll post the games for that week each week. You can probably get the whole schedule from ESPN.com, though.

Askiri

Registered Member
In every football post, the first thing that comes to mind is "GO RAIDERS!!". So now with that out of the way, I'd be happy to participate, but do you have to do it every time. I dunno if I'll actually have the time for that, can't type for too long. My wrist's are damaged.