• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Game at Wrigley to use one endzone

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What a debacle. They will only use one end zone for safety concerns?

That's ridiculous. Watch the wind be blowing in 30+ mph against the offenses and we'll end up with a 2-0 football game.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, at Wrigley that is definitely a possibility. If the wind is blowing out it's going to be a very ugly football game offensively.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's what happens when you put a football field in a baseball stadium. That was their first mistake. Sheesh.

They would have been better off putting in a smaller football field than playing on just half. That's a terrible idea, BUT I guess both teams did approve it, so whatever.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's what happens when you put a football field in a baseball stadium. That was their first mistake. Sheesh.

They would have been better off putting in a smaller football field than playing on just half. That's a terrible idea, BUT I guess both teams did approve it, so whatever.
It's been successful before, even at Wrigley's Field, the Bears played there. No clue why they didn't try to recreate this.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
They have the field going the other direction for this game, so the endzone is in right field, not in left. I think they added a bunch of seats behind home plate several years ago so the field is smaller now, so maybe it wouldn't fit the other way.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
I'll take the other side on this debate, as ludicrous as this is, safety should come first and it's better to do this and avoid the possibility of a potential ugly injury after.

But like a previous poster said, if there is terrible wind, this could be ugly.

Wade8813

Registered Member
This feels like something you'd see in a pickup game where people make due with crappy conditions because that's all they've got.

So what happens if someone tries to go all the way on a kickoff return? Does he reach the fifty yard line, then have to turn around and run back the other way? :lol:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
So what happens if someone tries to go all the way on a kickoff return? Does he reach the fifty yard line, then have to turn around and run back the other way? :lol:
Or an interception run back for a TD? I guess after the TD, they'll have to move everyone back to the other side of the field for the extra-point? Cool ideal, but the one endzone seems like a momentum killer.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
There will still be two endzones on the field, but the offenses will always be going the same direction. The defenses and return teams can still score in the other endzone I believe.

It would suck to have bought a ticket on the side of the field where nobody will be scoring.