Gahhh

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Agt20991, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Agt20991

Agt20991 New Member

Been dating this girl for the past 13 months, amazing girl in every way.

The past week she has been distant, withdrawn, not really talking and rarely wanting to cuddle (which for this girl is like gold).

I finally confronted her about it and told her she needs to figure out what is going on and tell me and asked her if she is happy with me because she sure as hell isn't showing it...

I guess I am just venting because I am frustrated and confused and it took me confronting her to have her actually come out and talk to me about it...

Hope we are still together, but I do not want to be with someone who is not having fun with me anymore or enjoying themselves...

Thanks for being a sound board.

J

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time. What did she say when you confronted her?

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Maybe she has other stuff going on which is the reason for the change in her behaviour. Sometimes when I have problems with work for example I have a hard time being myself. Hopefully you know what the problem is now.

4. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I had had this happen to me once before and unfortunately I found out that she was cheating on me. Now I hope this is not the case for you, it could just be something happened in her life and doesn't want to express it.

5. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, the best way is to talk to her. Hope it has nothing to do with you.
    Let us know if you want.

6. Agt20991

Agt20991 New Member

Unfortunately it turns out that she just wasn't getting any happiness from the relationship, only from outside activities...

So we ended it...

I thought I could be stoic and take it, and I guess no one really knows how hurt I am, but it really does suck... I love her and still do, and she says she still loves me, just can't be in a relationship with me at the moment...

It's not like I am stuck or anything, I know there are others in the world, just really freaking down right now...

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Hey man we know your pain, sorry to hear.

Not to press the issue or make you talk about it further, but did she tell you anything specific? It's never just "I'm not happy", it's something it stemmed from. She may even be scared of a lasting relationship and commitment, you know? I don't want to get your hopes up falsely though. Just rough it out, keep busy and take of yourself man. But one thing is for sure is to close any doors and what I mean is that if there are things you want resolved, get them resolved or else they'll just sit there in your stomach eating you away.

8. Agt20991

Agt20991 New Member

Thanks for the advice, really it seems to be quite simply the relationship just wasn't there I guess...

I guess I kind of felt it too, just not substantial, slowly fading away.

My biggest problem now is that I am in a year lease in a state that far from family, granted I have been here for 3 years...

I did just get a 'big boy' job though, an 8 to 5 job, I figure I will contact my cousin and ask him about any jobs he may know about down in Texas and then migrate there depending on if I can land a job prior to moving and get a subleaser...

I agree with you though, I just need to keep busy and my nose to the grind stone.

I think I will start biking more often and walking around town, try to get some weight off, maybe losing some weight will allow me to get out of this funk I seem to have fallen into.