NES G4 is doing Legend of Zelda Speed Run

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by yooperchick, Dec 13, 2005.

1. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

I was flipping through the channels and noticed that G4 is doing a Legend of Zelda speed run. It's only in the bottom left corner of the screen while another show is going on, but it is interesting. Whoever is doing it is pretty good. I am not worthy...

EDITED TO ADD:
    They just finished it. It took a few seconds over 35 minutes to beat the game.

2. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

there's a website devoted to this type of thing.

and i just did a search and totally forgot the name of it. but they have speed runs for games across all consoles with videos.

they have one for RE 1 for GC, and the person that did it was nuts; dodging zombies like crazy.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I think we were talking about this like a month ago. I posted a couple links to some speed runs. Anyway, here's the site where you can find all of them...

http://speeddemosarchive.com/gamelist/FullList.html

The Metroid Prime videos are the most impressive ones I've watched. I recommend watching the 1:04 (best time), 1:28 (best 100% time), and/or one of the 22% videos. They're all pretty long, but definitely worth it.

4. RossDude

RossDude Beep

It's pretty interesting that they would air that. I'll give them some props for taking the time to do so, but it still can't beat the speed demos archive.

5. Gamechamp

Gamechamp Registered Member

Cool. I wish I had seen that. Just over 35 minutes? Dang, that's fast! Course, a lot of games on that site were beaten faster. Some can be beaten in about 3 minutes. I'm thinking it was a short game.

6. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

They didn't have it full screen. They still had a show going, but had the speed run going in the bottom left corner of the screen. It was hard to watch the show cause you were watching the game. It did finally go full TV screen at the end, but for some silly reason, they didn't really display the final time. They just stopped the clock and it disappeared.

I think it would be interesting to try a Zelda run. I don't think it would be that bad if you mapped out everything you "have" to have in order to beat the game. I have a habit of getting all the hearts I can right off the bat so I can get the 2nd sword. Oh, and getting enough to buy the blue ring.