FWD emails

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ysabel, Aug 13, 2008.

?

Handling FWD emails from friends/family:

1. Ignore Email

77.8%
  2. Request to Stop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Reply/Offer Rebuttal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Block Person

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other Alternatives...

22.2%
  1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I hate when people just FWD random stuff to me like daily jokes that I don't even find funny or "if you don't pass it you're cursed" type of emails.

From time to time I'd get an email that is offensive, inaccurate and makes the person who sent it look like a stupid bigot. False stories or just stupid rantings that circulate on the net.

Assuming you get these type of emails from a person you'd call your friend or a close family member (even if you have asked him/her to refrain from doing it before):

Do you:

A: Ignore the email. Bin it.
    B: Send another request to the person to stop sending that kind of thing to you in the future.
    C: Click 'Reply All' and rip the email that was forwarded to you to shreds, line by line.
    D: Put person on your spam list, blocking all other future emails (no matter if the person does send you important ones at times).
    E: none of the above (pls. specify).

Altanzitarron likes this.

2. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Usually depends what the subject is and if it looks interesting, otherwise it goes straight to the virtual trash

3. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

I can not, and I repeat, can not stand these e-mails. They drive me absolutely crazy! I don't see why people forward them, they are so pointless, and they destroyed e-mailing for me. God I hate them.

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

My mother does this to me on a daily basis. It irks me to to no end but there are a couple that are worth it. I despise getting WMV files in my email and any of those auto get trashed. I set up filters.

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

My co-worker forwards those damn chain emails to me all the time.

d-e-l-e-t-e

Maybe that's why my luck sucks.

6. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

My dad sends me forwards, most of them are jokes but i'll pass on the nice ones; he sent me one about the troops in Iraq once so i passed it on.

7. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I used to get them from some people pretty regularly but I asked them to stop and they did. Now I'll get one from someone every once in a while, but since I know they are screening them pretty heavily, usually 80% of the time it's funny or at least slightly interesting. Since it doesn't happen very often, I just delete the ones that are stupid.

Blueyes likes this.
  8. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

There are no words for how much these used to get to me. I even once made a forward about not sending forwards when I was about 14. Hahah that's actually made me want to find it in my sentbox.... I wonder if it's still there.
    *looks*
    Well aren't you in luck? I managed to find a version of it.

Ah to be young and think you can change the world :lol: I copied this word for word so some of my idiotic abbreiviations are scattered in there. Now I shudder at using "2" to say "to".

So yes in short I do hate forwards and I delete them instantly and never read them.

EDIT: For anyone who's actually bored enough to read all that, sorry about the weired formatting. I don't know how it happened it was just a result of copy and pasting.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I just got one that has this as title: "Don't read if you will not forward later"

:lol:

I wanted to reply with a blank email and just "Don't send shitty emails" on the title.

10. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Hahah, they make it sound as if it's the emails right to be forwarded.