Future Me

Danno

Registered Member
Anybody ever heard of a site called

FutureMe.org

Basically its a website that allows you to send yourself an e-mail for the future weathers its tomorrow or in 10 years.

Quite interesting to see what other people have send to their selves check it out, or write your own.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
Yeah when you sit back and think about it, it's actually quite a neat thing to do.

Whether I'll still have the same e-mail account and what not in ten years time remains to be seen.

Danno

Registered Member
I just sent one for my birthday next year asing if myself if my life has improved at all and if not then do something about it lol.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Kind of a cool idea, but in the end most letters would probably be.. personal.. lol. So why not just journal the letter and read it again in a few years?

When you can send a letter to your past self then that's the one I want in on.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Kind of a cool idea, but in the end most letters would probably be.. personal.. lol. So why not just journal the letter and read it again in a few years?

When you can send a letter to your past self then that's the one I want in on.

I wrote to myself once (not using the email) http://www.generalforum.com/everyday-life/surpise-49224.html and someone else was in charge of keeping that and they mailed it to me later. I've completely forgotten about it. The whole surprise effect is very important because it also takes you back to what you were thinking that time, which isn't usually similar to current mind frame. Makes you think, really.

Now, unless you found a group or a friend you can rely to do that for you, keeping the letter in a journal may not be as effective. The idea is not to remember it all the time. If you see it (or your keeper) regularly, you'd be reminded of its content. By the time you open it, no more surprise. Now if you really hide it so it's easier to forget about it, after x number of years, you might not even remember it all and you'd never open it.:lol: