TV Futurama has returned!

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Vincent_Valentine, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I didn't see a thread for this, so I decided to make one. This can be a topic for any discussion of the new Futurama run.

So for those that are in the dark, Futurama has returned on Comedy Central (at least here in America. Not sure about overseas). They kicked things off by showing the last of the four movies, and the new season picked up right at the end of it. They ran two brand new episodes tonight.

So far I think it's back in good form. The first episode was fantastic. It did a great job of connecting everything. The second one wasn't quite as good, though it was still good in my opinion. Hopefully they can keep things up to par with the rest of the series.

2. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

My thoughts exactly on your last paragraph, Double V.

I was dreaming of tonight for YEARS, I've been watching the same reruns over and over and over for years without stopping, lol. And they'll stay great, but it's just awesome to see Futurama getting some props!!!

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was always a fan of Futurama. I haven't seen the new episode but I'll try to watch it online somewhere.

I never expected them to come back on air but I'm very glad they did. Bender and Fry are the two characters I really enjoy in this series. Hopefully they're just as good this time around. But Layla on the other hand got on my nerves quite often.

4. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Oooh, I can't wait til they start screening the new episodes here. We're usually about a month or two behind though. Maybe I should download them

5. Vincent_Valentine

So yeah, didn't exactly keep up with this, but better late than never, eh?

Well the season 'finale' is tomorrow, and so far I've enjoyed the new season. there were a few episodes that were a bit 'meh' in my opinion (notably the cat episode) but there were some solid ones (the episode of Bender and Hermes trying to track down Inspector #5 was phenomenal in my opinion). All in all it seemed like some of the plots were a bit iffy but they were held together by great jokes and gags. I would definitely say that I think this has been the weakest season (excluding the movies) but it is still good, and given the fact that they are coming back from a long hiatus I don't hold it against them.

So anyone else been watching the new season and have anything to add?

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I loved the season and I also didn't care much for the cat episode. I like that they're trying hard to re-introduce all of the regulars from the original run. Hopefully they come up with a few more new ones.

I'm crossing my fingers for at least one more what-if machine episode. Those are always great.

7. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I recently started watching this show via Netflix, since it is available to stream. I'm still in the first season, and I think I've seen 2 or 3 episodes so far...and they were hilarious. When I have a bit more time I'll be watching more of them.

8. Vincent_Valentine

I read that they are going to do an episode that will air sometime in December that will be similar to the 'What-if machine' episodes in that it will be a series of three individual stories. Not sure if it will actually be a 'What-if machine' episode or not though.

9. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Why in December if the season is over now?

10. Vincent_Valentine

Technically they are doing one big 26 episode season that is being aired in parts, and the one that is getting aired in December is apparently kind of a mid-break Holiday special kind of deal.