TV Futurama anyone?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Vincent_Valentine, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I figured that since we have threads dedicated to the other big two catoons (Family Guy and the Simpsons), Futurama deserves one as well.

Firstly, Futurama is coming back for a new season! They are going to essentially be making four feature length movies which will appear on DVD, and they will also be broken up into four episodes each, totaling sixteen episodes which will air on Comedy Central. Qute frankly, this makes me happier than I have been in awhile. Futurama is one of my favorite shows (I think its better than Family Guy and in many cases can stand toe-to-toe with some of the best Simpsons episodes) and I considered it criminal that Fox dropped the Cancel Hammer on it. The interview there says that all of the original cast and lots of the original writing staff is back, so it should be mostly the same.

So, anyone else love this show and excited about this, or am I alone?

2. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

That means more Bender and Lela woot!

Meh, I still watched the reruns on Adult Swim, I was kinda suprised that I missed some of the shows before...

I'm really excited after reading this though, I hope by the new season we will get some awesome twists with the show. Kinda got repetative in some places ya know >.>;

3. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

While you could argue that it got repetitive in some aspects, it still somehow managed to stay overall fresh for me. In some of the later episodes, Futurama actualy maged to bring a tear to my eye by having some serious plots while staying hilarious (the episode "Luck of the Fryish" is a great example, as is "Jurassic Bark"). No other show has been able to do that.

4. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

If I see it on Adult Swim or something I'll watch it out of boredom. It's funny, I do like it, but i'm not going to run to the store to buy the DVD's.

Family guy however... I have all the seasons on DVD :yes:

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Futurama isn't that funny to me. I'll still watch it, but it'll just be meh...mostly because Zoidberg annoys the crap out of me.

6. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

I like the show and am glad to see it coming back but it isnt one of my favorites

7. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, I like to watch it now and then, but not my favourite.

BITE MY SHINY METAL ASS!

8. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

I love this show. I watch it all the time on Teletoon whenever it comes on. I find it to be one of my favourite shows and I hated when they stopped making shows for awhile but now that they are back I can't wait to see their new material.

9. ComicFitz

ComicFitz Registered Member

If "Jurassic Bark" is the episode were they try to bring back Fry's pet dog then I would have to say it brought tears to my eyes as well. Sad but fantastic ending

10. CBNJ

CBNJ Registered Member

It was so sad, the episode where they were trying to bring his dog back,.. Poor thing. :(