• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Funny/weird things pets do...

thebaroness

My baby bearded dragon freezes when a human is in the room, but I have a secret spot that I watch her from. She likes to arm wave at my adult bearded dragon from across the room, and he always ignores her... then she runs around her cage at lightning speeds, then stops, and tries to get his attention again lol. It's very cute!

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Haha, beardies are hilarious sometimes. Mine never freezes around humans, but he is terrified of any planes or helicopters. When he see's on he usually runs or tries to bury into the ground.

Elanor

Registered Member
Today my cat is watching the tennis. I swear he is trying to work out how to get to the ball. He has been poking the tv screen with his paws, and he even looked behind the TV before looking back at the screen. He then decided to lie down and promptly slid off the wooden unit the TV is on. It was quite an amusing 10 minutes.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I offered Max a piece of KFC last night (cause I used to do it with my old cat) and she just batted it around the room, confused.

She also plays with her meat stick treats before eating them.

Elanor

Registered Member
Haha, I haven't tried him with anything like that yet. But he does like smoked salmon, he very rarely gets it though. He likes to bat milk bottle tops around the room, then gets annoyed when they go under the sofa. I gave him a big sheet of bubble wrap on friday, he gets underneath it and runs around the room with it on his back! He is such a character.

Your cat sounds awesome Pugz, a proper little character too :)

Sim

Registered Member
One of the funniest things about our two cats is that they have totally different characters and preferences: Like on new year's eve, when all the fireworks are starting, the big one (a white-and-tigered 9 year old tomcat) is totally scared and will hide in the weirdest places, even pissing himself (poor fellow). While the little one (all-tigered, 3-year-old siberian tomcat) is not scared at all, but will even cautiously watch the fireworks at the window.

But the moment a dog enters the room (like the small papillon of my mother-in-law), the little one is totally scared and will hide under the couch, while big one is calmness in person. He'll even let the dog sniff his backdoor, lol. :p

Also, the little one is totally scared about my father whenever he visits, and generally suspicious about strangers, while big one will approach them with a natural compassion.

They're also different when it comes to cuddling: Big one will come to you easily, but the moment you move, he'll feel annoyed and leave. While small one takes a while to settle down, will take ages stepping around on your belly before he lays down -- but once he has settled, you can carry and move him as you wish, and he'll stay asleep.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just thought of something my horse will do. If you tie him to a hitching post he will untie himself then go around and untie all the other horses. He never runs off, can't say the same about the other horses, he just likes to untie everyone.

Also I've had him get upset about us not going riding with the group. I swear the horse understood if he wanted to go with everyone else on the trail ride I had to go too because he would run up through the field whinnying at me.

Brent

Registered Member
My cat Steve, who is the pickiest eater ever (He won't even eat a nice piece of ham), is quite fond of peaches. He loves them! My other cat, Marge, who was a stray, will eat most anything: broccoli, pickles, cooked carrots. Sorta weird.

Sim

Registered Member
My cat Steve, who is the pickiest eater ever (He won't even eat a nice piece of ham), is quite fond of peaches. He loves them! My other cat, Marge, who was a stray, will eat most anything: broccoli, pickles, cooked carrots. Sorta weird.
That's interesting. I've never had to do with a cat who'd eat vegetables. Meat, fish, cheese, other milk products, sure... our older tomcat even eats bread (probably because they used at least a little milk to bake it)... but vegetables? No chance. :lol:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've also never had a cat eat vegetables, only cat food. My dog would eat anything I ate and some things I wouldn't touch. She would pull zucchini off the plant, sometimes tearing the plant up and eat it. She would also eat bananas, cucumbers, tomatoes and potatoes. She would peal a potato with her teeth then eat it. I don't know what got her started at wanting that stuff.