• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Funny/weird things pets do...

Elanor

Registered Member
In the week since I got my cat, I have learnt that he is completely crackers! One of his favourite things to do is play with straws, he will push one around the room for ages, but like it might explode. The funniest thing he has done so far happened on Saturday. He was having a funny 5 minutes running around the house, he ended up running into the floor to ceiling mirror in my bedroom, it was quite amusing. And this morning I walked into my bedroom, said hello to him, which must of scared him because he jumped about 2 foot in the air. I wasn't exactly being quiet though. He also likes to stand like a Meerkat.

I could go on, but I won't :lol: Anyone else have funny pets?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Cats are funny. I had one that was playing with the string on the blinds. He got it around his neck and almost hung himself. I rescued him. My mother in laws cat brought her a rabbit when she was sick. They mean well but those kind of gifts I can live without.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
My sisters cat is a silly but cute little thing. The best thing she does if we open a bag (plastic or paper) she will crawl into the bag and just sit there. We do not force her to stay and you can see her tail outside the bag. We start talking to her asking what she is doing and she will just meow pathetically even though she could quite easily get out, silly thing!

Elanor

Registered Member
I agree, cats are really funny. Mine is determined to get to the top of some built in shelves I have. He gets so far, can't get any further, then looks at me as if I am going to do something about it. Yesterday, I woke up to his nose about a millimetre away from mine, that made me jump.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I agree, cats are really funny. Mine is determined to get to the top of some built in shelves I have. He gets so far, can't get any further, then looks at me as if I am going to do something about it. Yesterday, I woke up to his nose about a millimetre away from mine, that made me jump.
I know what you mean! When I still lived at home I would wake up with this noise and pair of eyes staring at me, it was like "well good morning, how can I help you?"

Denise

Registered Member
At Christmas my cat takes the little balls of the Christmas tree and plays with its around the whole house and when it finished it puts the little balls under the sofà hehe :)

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Max used to do the meerkat thing, but I think he's grown out of it; he likes plastic bags, eats my mums plant and plays fetch :D

I've also made him jump in the air, he jumped off the bed once :lol: and once he booped my nose to wake me up.

Elanor

Registered Member
My cat is only 8 months old, so he is still fairly young, he is a pretty big cat though. I hope he doesn't grow out of the meerkat impression. The other day he got himself stuck. He managed to get into a cupboard in the kitchen through a hole underneath it, then he tried to get into the draw above. I couldn't find him and randomly looked in the cupboard and all I could see was his back legs dangling down.

Also, I used to have a Jack Russell who thought she was a cat. She used to climb a tree we had in the garden. She could get to the top, but not get down. She never learnt though :lol:

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Max is still young too, but I don't see him doing the meerkat thing very often; he grumbles a lot too, it's so odd.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just thought of something my rottweiler did that really surprised me. She was the type of dog that considered our friends her friends as well. When friends of ours or our son came over she expected recognition from them just like they gave us. Here's the story.

My sons friend and his father stopped by one night. They were talking to us and ignoring her. It especially bothered her that my sons friend wouldn't pay attention to her. She sat in front of him on the floor, he was standing, looking up at him. She slapped at him with her foot several times, whined and he just kept talking to us and not even looking in her direction. I guess she got tired of being ignored so she reached up and grabbed him by the balls with her teeth. I about died, seen those jaws kill possums with one bite but she didn't clamp down so he still had them and he apologized to her for ignoring her and she got her attention.

Can't believe this ever slipped my mind when you asked this question.